Is Auto SEN Steering Lock a thing in ACC or not?

I have a Fanatec CSL DD wheel base and have SENsitivity set to Auto in the Fanatec/Fanalab Control Panel.

In the BMW M4 GT4 in ACC, I have to manually set it to 500' in Fanalab AND in ACC for the animation to reflect my real life wheel movement.

Is there any way to have ACC auto set this or do I need to manually set the steering lock in every car in ACC every time I drive it?

I found this image online but I can't figure out why ACC isn't automatically setting the soft lock on any of the cars. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2041.jpg
    IMG_2041.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Set it to 900 in your fanatec driver and 900 in-game, it will match and adjust for all cars.

It will only be a soft lock, if you want a hard lock you will have to set it to match every car in the driver and 10 degrees in-game.

Last edited:
The screenshot is misleading.
Afaik softlock = end-stop via ffb, often adjustable in strength (simagic and simucube Software, dirt rally etc.
Not available in ACC!)
Hardlock = mechanical end-stop of your wheelbase, not adjustable.

Simucube's softlock is also referred to as a Hardlock, since 20 nm aren't easy to overcome and push further...

What ACC does:
You set your wheelbase to 900 and ACC also to 900.
Every car will now by 1:1 synchronized with your real wheel up to the point, where the real life car would have its hardlock.
If you turn your real wheel further, the visual wheel will stop turning and the ffb will become very "numb".
If you turn your real wheel back into the range of the car, the ffb will come alive again.

That's neither softlock nor hardlock. It's rather "intelligent wheel synchronisation".

Btw: adjusting your wheelbase to the real life car degrees and also ACC to the same degrees will "compress" the ffb into a smaller range and work similar to a higher ffb gain setting!
So you'll need to adjust the minimum force setting and the gain and you also might have a wildly oscillating wheel.
Which is why I never do it.

And in case you're using a logitech wheel with my custom ffb LUT: please don't use anything else than 900/900. Using fewer degrees will screw up the smooth ffb curve between 0-20% and your wheel will start oscillating.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back