iRacing | Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR Arrives This March

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing are busy ramping up their previews for the upcoming March seasonal build, and the latest piece of content confirmed for the simulation is the GT4 specification Porsche 718 Cayman Clubsport MR!

Yes, another Porsche is on its way to a racing simulation near you, and this time it is the wonderfully long named Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR that has been confirmed as one of the latest pieces of content to arrive within the title - expected to be made available to purchase as part of the 'season 2' game update, due to arrive sometime within the next month.

Original Source: iRacing Twitter

iRacing is available exclusively for PC.

Got a question about the simulation? Post a thread and ask our awesome community right here at the iRacing sub forum at RaceDepartment!

iRacing New Porsche 1.jpg
iRacing New Porsche 2.jpg
iRacing New Porsche 3.jpg

Last edited:
In iRacing, probably. You need to try Assetto Corsa Competizione. This from Nicki Thiim (real world GT3 driver) - go to 23:35 :

And David Perel (also a RW GT3 driver):

No need to be Nicki Thiim to see that ACC is the highest level about sim racing.
I have turned the page with the old ISI enhanced engine games, like rF2, Raceroom, AMS, iRacing....
Welcome ACC, AMS2....

• Deleted member 205301

@AlexHeuskat no problem, I enjoy ACC, and won't play your game (if you're trying to play with my nerves, sorry, i'm not that guy^^)
As lots of guys had already said here and there, glad that everyone found its 8th marvellous, for some it's iracing, for some it's ACC, for others it's RF2, R3E, GranTurismo or else, I dont care.
So ACC is 40$ (with the dlc) well invested, as you says, that's right, I just found strange that you're already prefearing ams2 when the only things we saw about are screenshots...
cheers
@++

@AlexHeuskat no problem, I enjoy ACC, and won't play your game (if you're trying to play with my nerves, sorry, i'm not that guy^^)
As lots of guys had already said here and there, glad that everyone found its 8th marvellous, for some it's iracing, for some it's ACC, for others it's RF2, R3E, GranTurismo or else, I dont care.
So ACC is 40$ (with the dlc) well invested, as you says, that's right, I just found strange that you're already prefearing ams2 when the only things we saw about are screenshots...
cheers
@++
AMS 2 ? No, I'm not at all a Reiza fan, but not at all...it will hurt the eyes, Project cars 2 graphics are from 2017, and compared to ACC, it's ugly with too much aliasing, and the game + DLC costs +100$$.....

About iRacing, I think the guys who have put a lot of money can't stop....The new player will hardly invest in iRacing.
iRacing has made his time, but I respect the base players, they don't need graphics, sound or rain....they are easy to pleased.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

@AlexHeuskat yeah, totally agree with you when you says guys that have put lots of money won't go back, that's sadly true :( Not sure it's only true for iracing, it could be the same for others sims (and not only cause of money, but of time invested too), but hell yes, iracing beeing much more expensive, it certainly affect again more :)
I talked about ams2 cause if i'm not mistaken you talked about it ;)
Welcome ACC, AMS2....
:):) :)
For the graphic way, i'm easily pleased : started simracing with gtr2 (13 years ago), so for me everything is beautifull now^^, that's why i'm not really interested by that, but i could understand it's important for others (thos who only have known glossy graphics )
@++

AMS 2 ? No, I'm not at all a Reiza fan, but not at all...it will hurt the eyes, Project cars 2 graphics are from 2017, and compared to ACC, it's ugly with too much aliasing, and the game + DLC costs +100$$.....

About iRacing, I think the guys who have put a lot of money can't stop....The new player will hardly invest in iRacing.
iRacing has made his time, but I respect the base players, they don't need graphics, sound or rain....they are easy to pleased.

Let's talk again about this in a few years... Just wait Kunos Simulazioni drop the support for ACC LOL

I'm subbed to iR since 2009, and I have read post like this for every new sim that has been released in the meantime... rF2, PC, AC, PC2, ACC... Unfortunately most of the sim released after iR are already dead, but iR is still growing and increasing the community.

Why is it that people are always coming here and bashing iRacing and preaching about their favourite Sim yet you don't generally find people who use iRacing going around other forums bashing that sim?

You can actually enjoy both ACC and iRacing for their strengths as a lot of us do and feel lucky that we have choice!
The content I have bought in iRacing is in ACC.....so I prefer using ACC....guess why.

edit: the content I have "rented" in iRacing, not bought.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

...but...you're NOT on iracing ;) :roflmao::roflmao:
(at least, not since very long-long time)

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
back on topic: since I could not get my head around the tcr Audi at all (too lazy, too little time to really sit down and train) i will definitely buy the Porsche. i liked it in rre, but since that is no longer on my harddrive for want of use, it will be like meeting an old friend :)
p.s. as far as i know, you are counted as no longer active if you haven't played iRacing for 3 months, at least as far as driver stats are concerned.

back on topic: since I could not get my head around the tcr Audi at all (too lazy, too little time to really sit down and train) i will definitely buy the Porsche. i liked it in rre, but since that is no longer on my harddrive for want of use, it will be like meeting an old friend :)
p.s. as far as i know, you are counted as no longer active if you haven't played iRacing for 3 months, at least as far as driver stats are concerned.

I don't know if I’ll buy the Porsche. I can’t stand GT3 cars and I imagine GT4 is even more bland. Last weekend I sat down and did a short GT4 race in AC (driving the Porsche) just to see if I’m missing something. Well....it was ok, but these cars are not really exciting imo. So probably I’ll pass. And unless Iracing starts a sale someday (which will not happen) they won’t see my money.

Regarding the playerbase I think there are only 5-10k really active players.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.