FM23 Initial Problems with Forza23 - HELP!

Forza Motorsport 2023 (Turn 10 Studios)
Although my system runs all sorts of racing sims and other software quite well (i7-7700 CPU; 16GB Ram; GeForce 1660; Windows 10), it seems that this configuration may be considered low end by MS for FM23 .

However, in spite of that, I decided to try FM23, from Steam anyway, since it allows for a two hour tryout.

Right from the start, I had problems. First, as it was loading (slowly), I got a message that my CPU may not be supported, and asked whether I wanted to continue anyway. I answered YES and it loaded fine. After watching the opening montage, I finally got to a screen (the initial drive at Maple Valley) where I immediately crashed since controllers weren't set up yet, I ESC 'd out to "Settings" at this point but cannot find how/where to set controllers. (I have a Logi G Force DD wheel and Fanatec Clubsport pedals.). At this point, I knew I needed help, so tried to quit the game ---- and the only way I could was to C-A-D out. Then I found that 12 minutes of my tryout time on Steam was already used up. I realized that continuing down this blind path on my own would use up the two hours quickly so (finally) here are my questions:

1. Is my CPU really not supported by Forza? (I find that hard to believe.)
2. Exactly how do I navigate to the controller settings? (This is my most urgent question).
3. Does anyone have good settings for Logi's DD wheel that they are willing to share?

I posted this only because I'd rather spend my 2 hour tryout window driving a few cars rather than sifting thru a partially inaccessible UI.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bert

FWIW:

Well, I eventually found the "Inputs" screen, so my wheel and peds are good to go now, although still need tweaking. Since UI is based upon console gaming, I still find it a bit confusing.

I still get the message about my CPU upon startup, but that's easy to get through. I guess that I'll just have to live with that...

Question #3 still stands, but I'll start tweaking on my own in the meantime.

The minimum hardware requirements talk about a i5-8400, so that's probably why you're seeing that message. Your i7-7700 shouldn't be a problem, though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.