rF2 Indy 125 @ Indianapolis - Wednesday July 13th 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yeah, I think we all learned something. 500 miles is a long race. No point in being too aggressive early on. I was too eager to make up spots tonight, wasn't thinking ahead enough.
True. It would also be handy having an overall spotter calling out any crashes that occur to everyone. My race was ended because, crash site obscured by smoke, I gambled on going as low as possible only to find there was not a car's width down there.

Even something as simple as iRacings "stay low/high" would help.

Now obviously, if you want to avoid driving into a plume of smoke at 200mph you could always just slow down, but that's easier said than done at Indy, especially if you're in a pack. Someone spinning and coming to a halt in the middle of a corner could easily take 4 or 5 cars out of the race.

Was really enjoying that, thanks for the heads up on the race Oli.

Unfortunately I tagged the wall as I was closing in on Tobias and Alex which gave me a fair bit of damage and allowed Charles through, then I couldnt avoid the accident a few laps later, really wanted to continue but unfortunately with a 248 second pit stop, i hadn't mapped any keys to ignition so the engine over heated and died :(

Was a lot of fun anyways :)

Good luck to you all in the 500, that's going to be a tough event, I found myself having to take a hand of the wheel even in this race down the straights and stretch it out a bit as they were cramping a bit lol I'll definitely try and check out the broadcast :)

Unfortunately I tagged the wall as I was closing in on Tobias and Alex which gave me a fair bit of damage and allowed Charles through, then I couldnt avoid the accident a few laps later, really wanted to continue but unfortunately with a 248 second pit stop, i hadn't mapped any keys to ignition so the engine over heated and died :(
These cars don't have onboard starters if I remember correctly. So even if you'd bound the buttons, as soon as you'd switched off the engine that would have been your race, unless someone push started you.

These cars don't have onboard starters if I remember correctly. So even if you'd bound the buttons, as soon as you'd switched off the engine that would have been your race, unless someone push started you.

You can restart the car using the ignition whilst still on pit road, but the moment you are out on the actual track, it won't do a thing.

So for a (lenghty) stop, you are fine for turning off your engine ;)

I had a 137 second pit stop after the wall hit me, I also thought that if you turn off the ignition it was race over. I had no option but to turn it off and see if it would start again, and it did.
I assume that if you are in your pit box then it is ok to switch off, but if you were out on track then it probably would not restart.

Edit.... Sherwin got there first.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea