Cars Incorrect wheel,tire sizes&position on a scaled model

A follow up to yesterday's post,this is another problem I've been having with the big M8 mod I'm working on.

After I scaled up the LODs of the car in blender,converted them to kn5 and put them into the game,the wheels and tires still remain at their original size&position.

1642593889042.png

I've heard that you need to edit the data files to get the wheels to work properly,so I tried fiddling with the tyres.ini and suspension.ini,only to get this as a result:

1642594009302.png

The wheels themselves are still the wrong size,and the centre point is wrong as well. This is what it looks like ingame:

unknown.png

So,what should I do to get the tires and wheels scaled up to the correct size and place them in the right position (preferrably visual only-or making as little changes to the physics as possible)? Do I only have to change the main LOD,or do I have to edit the LOD_B,C and D as well?

Last edited:
If they're flying up and down that's purely a model problem, you can't fix it with the data. WHEEL_LF, SUSP_LF etc. all need to be at the center of the wheel

If they're flying up and down that's purely a model problem, you can't fix it with the data. WHEEL_LF, SUSP_LF etc. all need to be at the center of the wheel
How should I pin-point the center location of the new wheel center on the upscaled model-so that I can set the coords exactly where they should be?
Also,it seems that WHEEL_LF etc. only controls the X position...But what should I do if I need to edit the position on all 3 axis?

Last edited:
Hi guys I have the same problem as you. I have already converted and modified cars with 3DSimED and brought them into the racing set-up game but this time the same operation that I have always done gives me problems, the 4 wheels turn them following a strange axis in the cm shoroom and on kseditor they look good but on the track they create problems are not in their place. I use this procedure: open kn5 file with 3dSimED, export the texture and save the file in fbx. I open the FBX file with ks editor and save it in KN5. what can I do to solve the problem? even if I don't modify the car the wheels come off the car. thanks to anyone who can help me

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    727.2 KB · Views: 33

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering