In light of the GPU shortages, have you stopped following reviews?

Depends on the source/production value of the review. Am starved for content due to the shutdowns, so am willing to watch/read almost anything these days (politics excepted).

I got my 3090 FTW3 and it matched expectations set by earlier reviews, so no longer following them until the final AMD launch next week. And that's just to know where the card sits.

Yes I'm still keeping up to date with reviews, I'm in no hurry as I'm still waiting for my Ryzen CPU, I have been upset by the AMD offerings GFX wise so Probably see my options in the new year

I selected 3 of the 4 options! :laugh: ...still looking at reviews because I'm curious, but the prices are stupid and I won't be buying either unless I win the lottery ;)

Yes. What's worse, games can't even be developed to properly take advantage of these new cards, since what game developer would spend time optimizing their game for a card that 0.01% of user base owns? I'll return back in a year to see if things have improved.

I had my hopes set on an RX6800XT reference card at the $649 MSRP.
My thought was... since most racing sims don't use RTX, I'd concentrate on pure rasterization performance and have the bigger 16 GB VRAM buffer to help drive images.
I sold my GTX1080Ti and threw a Zotac GTX770 AMP edition with upgraded dual ball-bearing fans as a stand-in pending the 6800 series card.
Looks like that'll be a bit of a wait...if ever.
I've given up on watching reviews, since nobody seems to be able to buy any card at this point.
When and if prices stabilize, I'll now get the best card performance-wise per dollar above the RTX3070.
It won't just be a case of me just buying a card for the sake of buying a card.

I will always follow reviews even if i have no intension of buying to know what the score it, but thats just because I'm an enthusiast probably. But yeah its more annoying the closer you follow it and actually need to buy something to carry on.

I think you need to seperate objective reviews with the sales and supply situation. Reviews are useful objective information to inform a descision making process. If your descision is based on supply and demand it is no longer an objective descision and more of a desperate one.

Mixed feeling on AMD, one one hand having high end cards again to both sides is awesome! I can now have a machine with 2x 6800 series GPUs to replace the Radeon Viis (and give more than a 100% uplift in performance) that I can both use for work and gaming at less cost than one 3090, and it will outperformm said 3090 in the most important workflows I use. (but will not in simracing ironically).

But then actually getting hold of them seems next to impossible right now. It's just a waiting game.

Digitec in Switzerland is saying they are getting 6800 and 6800xt AIB stock end of next week, so I might still get a nice surprise before christmas or the new year. Maybe in Europe the AMD stock situation for 6800xt will change the week before christmas. IDK.

I did get my 5800x yesterday so there is that, can't wait to see how it improves RF2 and iracing!

Ive had my two Aorus 2080 ti's for a little over a year now. They take care of whatever I need. I wanted to upgrade to two of the new cards but im just saying eff it. Dont wanna go thru the hassle of selling and waiting..

• Deleted member 1234936

Always read and watch reviews from lots of sources, get clued up and still take everything with a Pinch of salt.

I used to read a Popular motorcycle magazine, and whichever manufacturer had the double page spread add got to be that months winner. So I'm a little jaded.

@nvidia, So ya gonna make more than Eleven RTX 3080 FE'S, This year bud?

J

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Forum trophies