In-car systems/Engine Maps/Hybrids

A lot of my favourite cars to drive in Assetto Corsa have hybrid powertrains. I love the RSS Formula Hybrid series, as well as LMP1 cars like the Porsche 919 and Audi R18 (and recently, even the Toyota TS050 Hybrid as a mod). So I'd love to see hybrid powertrains again in AC2, with the possibility of different modes.
IMO, it's quite fascinating just how many in-car adjustments can be made by the driver in modern high-level race cars, and I'd love for Assetto Corsa 2 to recreate these as much as possible for the sim. It'll definitely make things more challenging to manage for the driver (and keep track of everything), but I would love that kind of challenge.

Agreed. I like how flight sims approach it...often called "study sims" because you really have to learn how the systems in the plane work to use them (especially modern jets and helicopters) thus making it indeed a proper simulation of how to control that aircraft...whereas racing sims often take the opposite approach by simplifying the hybrid systems because too many people complained it was too hard (apparently that's what happened in iRacing when they first released the 2015 McLaren F1 car...they simplified it substantially after).

Being a modern F1 driver is hard, not just because of the speeds and G's they pull, but because they have to do that while managing the various hybrid and diff settings; we should be able to simulate all of that.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 207 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 33.6%