rF2 IMSA @ Sebring - Fri 22 Mar 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
EYfqQ5F.png
Second round of the IMSA championship, and the second time we try to kinda recreate a race! Sebring is the place. Hypers and GT3's are the cars! Wroom!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: See conversation(PM) about it]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IMSA

Car(s):
Note: You can race the Porsche LMDh/Ferrari 499P without buying any DLC-cars. Track must be bought. You can buy a single GT3 car if you just want to drive that one.
  • Porsche 963 LMDh - [STEAM]
  • Ferrari 499P - [STEAM]
  • McLaren 650S GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2017 & 2020) - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Mercedes AMG GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Radical RXC Turbo GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • McLaren 720S GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • BMW M6 GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Audi R8 LMS GT3 (2018 & 2019) - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Aston Martin Vantage GT3 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020 - [DLC] - GT3 Pack
  • BMW M4 GT3 - [DLC] - For NEW users, it is included in [GT3 pack]. For rF2 users that own the GT3 pack, but bought it before the M4 arrived, use either [Q1 Pack] or [Single Car]

Track: Sebring [DLC]
Layout: Road Course
Track Temperature: Depends on weather
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Real Life
Forecast: Here
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 22 March 2024
Practice: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes - PRIVATE)
Warm Up: 20:30 UTC (4 minutes)
Race: 20:35UTC (50 minutes)

Sebring19.png
INFORMATION & BASIC RULES

• It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class then the same rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake. Please be sensible.
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • You do not need to nominate which car you will drive, but should specify in which class you would like to drive when signing up.

DRIVER LIST - With a low amount of entries. We will only do 1 class.

LMDh

1. @Roy Magnes
  2. @Jimlaad43
  3. Free Spot
  4. Free Spot
  5. Free Spot
  6. Free Spot
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Thing

GT3
  1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. @Hartmut2
  3. @pattikins
  4. Free Spot
  5. Free Spot
  6. Free Spot
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Candy
  17. Free Spot

Last edited:
Looks like we might land on a pure hypercar field on friday, unless we get a big boost of GT3s in the next 24-ish hours. Lots of room on the track still :)

Looks like we might land on a pure hypercar field on friday, unless we get a big boost of GT3s in the next 24-ish hours. Lots of room on the track still :)
Worth a tag attack I reckon. We should get plenty of people to join this. See if any of the people signed up to the Formula Racing League would be interested.

Thanks for the tag, still sick (actually more than last week :(), will have to skip this one

Count me in provisionally with a GT3 car please - I've not been able to do any driving over the last 4/5 months due to VR blue screens. I've just installed a pci-e usb card today, but I've had a couple of freezes (had to reinstall Nvidia Drivers) so not 100% sure... Nor have I played with the GT3 cars in rfactor 2, so I need to figure out a few things - I'm clueless with setups. lol.

We'll do a round-up I guess to see if it's worth a race or not.
Like others here, I am currently fighting a virus or bacteria... or just a shock from having had a couple of months off work, and suddenly *bam* working 60hr weeks at a stadium that is 3-4 degrees.
I'll race if there's a race, but I can easily spend the time relaxing and... well. Work :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.