AC IMSA 1989 / FIA GT 2003 - Please vote

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey Dominic, your missing something. The Chevrette 28 by VRC was made to race with the audi and does drive nice. Might be good as an option. Anyway, IMSA for me. Always like to see European cars kick American Ass :roflmao:
Oh and just a friendly reminder (spoiler alert): the Audi did not win the 1989 IMSA Championship, engines on both cars took a dump at last event... Moreover, for both the 1988 TransAm and the 1989 IMSA, all the other teams were privateers. Audi is the only one that came in with a full factory assault and TWO cars.

Still love those damn cars though, but maybe I'm partial because my daily ride is an 2004 Audi A4 (standard of course).

*Bracing for the incoming barrage of responses* :p

Oh and just a friendly reminder (spoiler alert): the Audi did not win the 1989 IMSA Championship, engines on both cars took a dump at last event... Moreover, for both the 1988 TransAm and the 1989 IMSA, all the other teams were privateers. Audi is the only one that came in with a full factory assault and TWO cars.

Still love those damn cars though, but maybe I'm partial because my daily ride is an 2004 Audi A4 (standard of course).

*Bracing for the incoming barrage of responses* :p
I did know about the IMSA but not about the Trans Am. Still not sure about no factory support there though. Anyway, it takes nothing away from the fact that everyone laughed at the little 5cyl engine at the begining but where throwing toys out the cot by the 4th race. They tried weight, throttle reduction and then tyre size with the big 200 Turbo still winning. To be fair, i used to own a few road going 200 Turbos in the day. They were a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing even as a large executive saloon.

I did know about the IMSA but not about the Trans Am. Still not sure about no factory support there though. Anyway, it takes nothing away from the fact that everyone laughed at the little 5cyl engine at the begining but where throwing toys out the cot by the 4th race. They tried weight, throttle reduction and then tyre size with the big 200 Turbo still winning. To be fair, i used to own a few road going 200 Turbos in the day. They were a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing even as a large executive saloon.
When i lived over the pond i had what i believe was a 5000 but it was typical for US at the time, detuned. I also had a 74 Chevy Impala convertible 350ci with a huge 140 bhp.
Not really the place to be a petrol head in those days i guess. Different now of course

yep, cannot deny, we were rightly schooled by that little 5 cylinder. seemed unimaginable back in the day that a little 2.2 liter engine on some weird all-wheel drive sedan could do circles around the mighty american V8s.

of course, there is only natural course of action to take in these types of situations: ban those cars from competing! :D

that's so cool that you had a 200! or more than one it seems!

When i lived over the pond i had what i believe was a 5000 but it was typical for US at the time, detuned. I also had a 74 Chevy Impala convertible 350ci with a huge 140 bhp.
Not really the place to be a petrol head in those days i guess. Different now of course
Wow, an eye-watering 140hp! Welcome to the 70s in the US. Too bad you didn't have an earlier version of the Impala. The 1968 SS version had the 427 engine and put out 425hp. Those things are worth a pretty penny now.

The server will not recognisee my ac_legends_gt_porsche_906 even though it downloaded it with the ac legends 3-0 mod pack ???

The server will not recognisee my ac_legends_gt_porsche_906 even though it downloaded it with the ac legends 3-0 mod pack ???
hmm, let me check into that. i know there is an extra step you need to go through to fully install the pantera, but i didnt see any issues with the 906.
i'll check it.

Why not make the aliens drive the Chevy? Yes Laurent, that includes you :whistling:
holy crap! i think i may have found the true Final Boss of Sim Racing Cars--this Chevrette is a true monster. Man, rear end swinging all over the place! Laurent is right, the Audi seems like a breeze to drive after wrestling with this all over the track.

Gotta say though--I kinda like it! :D

PS: Both the BOP version of the Audi 90 and the Chevrette only seemed about a second off in terms of lap times according to my admittedly amateurish testing...

Wow, an eye-watering 140hp! Welcome to the 70s in the US. Too bad you didn't have an earlier version of the Impala. The 1968 SS version had the 427 engine and put out 425hp. Those things are worth a pretty penny now.
Mmm, never gets said but all US motors at that time bhp was measured gross. No pumps, fans, charging. Not even a water pump. Made a big difference. It was all about the size really. So big they had to go well i guess. Also your pump fuel is not as strong as this side. I think 80s octane when I was there around 2000. All changed these days. Our cars getting bigger, US, getting smaller maybe. All the same now

holy crap! i think i may have found the true Final Boss of Sim Racing Cars--this Chevrette is a true monster. Man, rear end swinging all over the place! Laurent is right, the Audi seems like a breeze to drive after wrestling with this all over the track.

Gotta say though--I kinda like it! :D

PS: Both the BOP version of the Audi 90 and the Chevrette only seemed about a second off in terms of lap times according to my admittedly amateurish testing...
Yeah, it drives great

well, i just tried it and it seemed to work for me although may the good lord be with you trying to get that thing around st mary's without going off towards the cornfield.

do the other cars work for you on the server? what about offline?

well, i just tried it and it seemed to work for me although may the good lord be with you trying to get that thing around st mary's without going off towards the cornfield.

do the other cars work for you on the server? what about offline?
Dominic, i think it's great to be able to use these cars but are you sure they are allowed on here. Great if they are and can i ask why not the latest bunch of cars that came out last week?

Dominic, i think it's great to be able to use these cars but are you sure they are allowed on here. Great if they are and can i ask why not the latest bunch of cars that came out last week?
I have asked about these cars here a while back, but did not get a response. I also have an inquiry in with the mod creator, waiting to get a response there as well. for that reason, I haven't made this an official event yet, just trying it out...

I wasn't even aware of a new version of this mod! I'll have to look into that as well.

I have asked about these cars here a while back, but did not get a response. I also have an inquiry in with the mod creator, waiting to get a response there as well. for that reason, I haven't made this an official event yet, just trying it out...

I wasn't even aware of a new version of this mod! I'll have to look into that as well.

Sorry, due to some rights issues we are not able to use the AC Legends cars here. I've taken the unofficial practice session off the server.

Shame they all worked well at Goodwood, did about three laps in them all. Most were easy to drive here and the ones that were a bit difficult were still good to drive.
Apart from the stupid chicane at Goodwood very little to complain about.

Shame they all worked well at Goodwood, did about three laps in them all. Most were easy to drive here and the ones that were a bit difficult were still good to drive.
Apart from the stupid chicane at Goodwood very little to complain about.
I think I have a back up plan: we'll stick with the Kunos and legit mod cars, similar to the Bridgehampton event we did a while back... Let me load that up and see if it looks like it can fly...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.