AC IMSA 1989 / FIA GT 2003 - Please vote

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Staff
Premium
Hello everyone;
Ok, trying a different approach here. In order to gage interest in a couple of race series events I’ve been considering running on Fridays (mid day US time, early evening Europe time), I thought it might be a good idea to throw them out there and let you vote in order to see if either would be worth pursuing.

2003 FIA GT Championship
The first race series would be a tribute to the game that got many of us first interested in sim racing: the one and only GTR2. My thought is to recreate the 2003 FIA GT Championship series in Assetto Corsa, using the RSS GT1 pack of cars of course. This series would consist of 10 rounds as follows;

R1 Circuit de Catalunya – Barcelona (Moto)
R2 Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours
R3 Autodromo di Pergusa
R4 Autodromo Brno Masaryk
R5 Donington Park
R6 Spa Franchorchamps – 24 Hours (1 hour)
R7 Scandinavian Raceway - Anderstop
R8 Motopark Oscherleben
R9 Autodromo do Estoril
R10 Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Format would be 30P, 30Q, 30R every Friday, or every other Friday. Short and sweet so there is still time for folks to head out on a Friday night. No BOP, just pick your car and go.
Screenshot_rss_gt_vortex_v10_ks_barcelona_6-11-123-19-58-49.jpg

1989 IMSA Championship
Up second, recreate the 1989 IMSA Season, using the Auriel 90 GTO by VRC. This car is based on the legendary Audi 90 GTO that took that series by storm that year. The car has a fascinating history, and is a blast to drive. It has also become one of my personal favorites in AC. This series would also consist of 10 rounds, as follows:

R1 Sears Point Raceway (Sonoma, CA)
R2 Summit Point Motorsports Park (West Virginia)
R3 Lime Rock Park (Lakeville, Connecticut)
R4 Mid Ohio Sports Car Course (Lexingtong, OH)
R5 Canadian Tire Motorsort Park (Mosport) (Ontario, Canada)
R6 Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI)
R7 Heartland Motorsports Park (Topeka, Kansas)
R8 Watkins Glen (Watkins Glen, NY)
R9 Laguna Seca (Monterey, CA)
R10 Road Atlanta (Georgia)

Same format as for the FIA GT season. I’ve been able to locate all these tracks available in AC, although the rights and legitimacy of the tracks still need to be authenticated.

Screenshot_vrc_arc_auriel90_mid_ohio_6-11-123-20-13-13.jpg

Either of these events could be run as individual races, sequentially, or as a Championship.

If you would like to see the FIA GT 2003 Series go forward, reply in the comments with FIA.

If you would like to see the IMSA 1989 Series go forward, reply in the comments with IMSA.

And, if you’d like to see both races series run on Fridays, reply with BOTH.

Depending on the amount of interest and number of votes, we can decide if it would make sense to run the events or not.

I’ve gone ahead and loaded up the first event in the IMSA series (Audi 90 at Sonoma Raceway a.k.a. Sears Point) onto server 6 for you to test drive. Track can be found here:

If you would like to learn more about this car, and its history, here is a video you may enjoy:

Looking forward to your input!

Last edited:
Hey Dominic I just bought the btcc replicas and trying to buy the 90. It's a no go how do I buy the 90 it won't let me put a price in?

Hey Dominic I just bought the btcc replicas and trying to buy the 90. It's a no go how do I buy the 90 it won't let me put a price in?
go to this link, and type in 4.00.. that should do the trick i believe:

I have to come down on the ISMA side Dominic, both are great but Brian has run the GT series recenty on Sunday's. But the selection of tracks in both series look very interesting.:thumbsup:

P.S. I like the shorter format idea, hopefully that might attract more drivers.

I have to come down on the ISMA side Dominic, both are great but Brian has run the GT series recenty on Sunday's. But the selection of tracks in both series look very interesting.:thumbsup:

P.S. I like the shorter format idea, hopefully that might attract more drivers.
Already going live with IMSA series starting next friday 12/15. I know Friday's are tough, but I hope we can get some folks on the grid because this combo of tracks with this car should offer some new thrills.

We’re going to start with the Audi IMSA race on Friday. Hope to see you then!
Hey Dominic, your missing something. The Chevrette 28 by VRC was made to race with the audi and does drive nice. Might be good as an option. Anyway, IMSA for me. Always like to see European cars kick American Ass :roflmao:

Hey Dominic, your missing something. The Chevrette 28 by VRC was made to race with the audi and does drive nice. Might be good as an option. Anyway, IMSA for me. Always like to see European cars kick American Ass :roflmao:
Jep, but then you need to take the BOP version of the cars as the Audi is in reality quite a bit faster and easier to drive than the Chevrette as well.

Yes believe me I’ve been itching to throw the chevrette into the mix just that I don’t want to scare away any more folks with all these paid mods.
I might make the plunge though because you’re right that would make for some good racing…
Laurent is right though we would have to use BOP version of the Audi.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.