Improving immersion

Hello simracers! I bought AC the day it came out, the game have been improved a lot but I still feel that something's missing. This sim is praised mostly for it's looks... but that's something that's off for me. I've tried the game with and without HDR, 8x AA, max track details, with lots of profiles, lots of tracks, times of days but something is missing on the graphics department. And I'm not comparing it to P.Cars, but to rF2, GSC, RRRE. The graphics are... hard to explain... maybe not sharp enough. The interiors are the best of the bunch, but the tracks lack details. Comparing AC's Silverstone to rF2's, the latter wins easily, the only tracks that look great are maybe Spa and Monza, Nurburgring is the worst by far, trackside objects are almost nonexistent. Are there any mods that really improve something? The HDRs I've tried are either too dark or too saturated. Maybe the game looks better without Post Processing (my fav. profile is S1-Evolution btw). The problem is I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe you guys experienced this and found a solution. I really want to like it more, my favourite car (look at avatar :)) is coming out soon. :)

It's not only about graphics, it's about immersion. I don't really care for those PP effects. I want details. Without those effects the game looks mostly the same as before. But even without comparing, the Nurburging looks awful. I didn't even play R3E when I first tried it in AC. The thing is I like is clean, sharp, detailed graphics. AC seems to be kind of blurry. However if I put aside graphics, AC really lacks the immersion factor, it's sterile at the moment. It doesn't have the sounds, the great races (offline), and I'm not that impressed of the physics either. But I have my hopes in Kunos to give it some life :)

P.S: I don't know much about the goal and purpose of AC, but it was always advertised as a next gen sim with dx11 and pp effects and dof and so on...
The physics will change, but very small changes, so don't get your hopes up. AC physics are fine to most...Kunos has clearly chosen their path and their not deviating from it too much.

... I've pretty much moved to R3E as well in the last months. But I want to like AC so much :D

Peter, as you wrote, I think you have move on, you clearly, from this post and others, prefer R3E, it is your prerogative.
I have tried R3E, again and again, and I prefer AC by a mile and cannot even begin to understand why someone would prefer to drive R3E over AC, but it is not important, as both exist and will , evidently, please different SIM enthusiast.
One think is clear, I would not wish for R3E to be more like AC, just because I like AC more ( much More), what would be the point I already have AC and find that I have already not enough time to get my fill, the last thing I need in my life is an other AC!
Not sure why you would want to like AC so much, but I am not even sure I want to know, it just sounds weird!
All I want is AC to stay the way it is, particularly the physic, that same physic that seem to elude you.
I hope all the simmer have the best time with their favorite SIM, hoping that all SIM offer something different to keep all the different people happy.:)

Last edited:
AC needs a better sound, not only with cars but also with environment. All the tracks are like cemeteries in desert with some dummies placed, not a single environment sound. The sound with cars need to be improved not only with engines making more close from "real thing" but also with directional and positional sound. The graphics need to be highly improved, is not acceptable to have .png files as exhaust flames, also LOD and Shadow rendering needs a major turnaround, the same for lighting.
Then AC will provide immersion. Right now the only people who see AC as a blast are the Hardcore SIM Racers mainly because these people only care about SIM stuff like tyres temperature or wheels alignment, graphics or visual quality and sound detail are secondary or non existent for these people.
(maybe I am wrong and some things have changed since last time I have opened the game, I haven't updated yet with the final release from last December, lost my interest for the game, maybe Dream pack along major fixes can change my mind)

Peter, as you wrote, I think you have move on, you clearly, from this post and others, prefer R3E, it is your prerogative.
I have tried R3E, again and again, and I prefer AC by a mile and cannot even begin to understand why someone would prefer to drive R3E over AC, but it is not important, as both exist and will , evidently, please different SIM enthusiast.
One think is clear, I would not wish for R3E to be more like AC, just because I like AC more ( much More), what would be the point I already have AC and find that I have already not enough time to get my fill, the last thing I need in my life is an other AC!
Not sure why you would want to like AC so much, but I am not even sure I want to know, it just sounds weird!
All I want is AC to stay the way it is, particularly the physic, that same physic that seem to elude you.
I hope all the simmer have the best time with their favorite SIM, hoping that all SIM offer something different to keep all the different people happy.:)
I know. Each sim is different, each of them has their pros and cons... Why do I want to like it? Because the best representation of my favourite car, the Nissan GTR GT3 is coming out soon :)

Hi there,
I would like to share my opinion regarding the immersion in AC.
This sim has only 2 big problems regarding the immersion levels compared to other sims. The first is the microstuttering that you can even barely notice but it can destroy the immersion. You can still solve it quite easily though. The second biggest problem is the sound, especially the lack of exhaust popping sounds while downshifting... Thats all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,
I would like to share my opinion regarding the immersion in AC.
This sim has only 2 big problems regarding the immersion levels compared to other sims. The first is the microstuttering that you can even barely notice but it can destroy the immersion. You can still solve it quite easily though. The second biggest problem is the sound, especially the lack of exhaust popping sounds while downshifting... Thats all!
that should get better with future updates for fmod, but not every computer can handle it though.

All sims compromise somewhere.
Given it's relative age AC has by far leaped over others.
I love RF2's concept...but it was years in the making and is still very, very problematic.
RRE has great sound and not much else on the bits I've tried. The car's handling leaves a lot to be desired when compared.
Pcars...we'll let's just say I gave them back my subscription almost a year ago, after relentlessly waiting for cars that didn't bounce up and down like they had zero mass.
Can AC be better? YES. They all can be.
Is it good enough to race and have fun with....YES.
Flags and a re-think of the current penalty system are really the only significant things missing at this point.
As to all out immersion...try lowering the FOV to between 39-41 and getting out there in a MP race.
It's guaranteed to up-tick your heart rate.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.