Image Scaling & Super Resolution: Easy Performance Gains for Your Favorite Sim

So I've been looking into this lately. In Automobolista it works like a dream come true, nearly doubling FPS in most senarios at most graphics settings!
I've not bothered with Assetto Corsa Competizione as thats got its own build in DLSS & FPS so theres no real point.

Have tested with RF2 and the short answer is, well, kinda!

RF2 is a complicated bit of software as we all know, with its querks (all sims ave got em!), and because of the plethera of different senario's, graphics settings and content (the older stuff using old graphics, the new using PBR and all sorts of bell and whistles), it makes it quite hard to find a senario where it works, cause it does, but in other case's it makes hardly any difference at all.

I've found it works best when using newest content, big fields of cars & max graphics settings, as then your GPU is really tanked and the relief N.I.S. scaling gives it at that point nets you a fair % more frames.

I think its best used by folks maxing the GPU, and it would be really useful with triples if it only worked with them, If Nvida found a way of making it work with multiple screens I reckon it would be bloody useful!

What do you guys think?

Here's a video I made on the subject which is more indepth and you can actually see the effects of it, where the FPS actually double! However that is with max graphics on a card thats tanking out, so FPS starts of abismal in the first place.

Anyway, anyone here found a senario in which its really made the difference? I find its quite good to smooth out replays!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.