F1 2010 Image of DVD not working

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I made an Image from my F1-2010 DVD with Deamon Tools Lite so could run it without the risk of damaging my official disk, but now when i try to start f1-2010 with the image mounted it wont work, it sais that i must use the original CD/DVD instead of the backup.

Did i forget anything, or do something wrong?

I think he went down the route of making his own image and wants to run that. In order to do so cloaking software must be used but either is good, just so long as you own the original of course, I don't advocate the non ownership of an original dvd/cd of the game.

Its down to performance in some games an image of the disk on the drive amount's to a smoother running game and shorter loading time's, just making a copy puts you back in the same boat as having a disk in, It is down to the disk being accessed during gameplay to check that it is still a game and running :D which can cause game stutter.

Its down to performance in some games an image of the disk on the drive amount's to a smoother running game and shorter loading time's, just making a copy puts you back in the same boat as having a disk in, It is down to the disk being accessed during gameplay to check that it is still a game and running :D which can cause game stutter.

I challenge you to list me a PC game that accesses the DVD/CD during gameplay? I have never seen the drive being accessed due to the fact it is installed. I obviously do see it being checked at start-up, but that does not slow down any gameplay. The no dvd exe is the best method.

I challenge you to list me a PC game that accesses the DVD/CD during gameplay? I have never seen the drive being accessed due to the fact it is installed. I obviously do see it being checked at start-up, but that does not slow down any gameplay. The no dvd exe is the best method.

agreed, some games will probably load vids from the dvd ... but the most games out there will check at startup..

okay, well i found the problem, i need to mask the image, only i cant do that with deamon tools LITE, gotta have deamon tools pro :S

I DO have an official copy, i can show a picture if u want.

1 question: is Alcohol 120 freeware? and can i mask images with it?

Okay...but next time before you challenge someone make sure you know what your on about.

--

Mafia 2 - Reads disc during certain parts of the game.
Pro Evolution 2011 - As above
Call Of Duty Black Ops - again as above

Thats just three im betting if I had played more then I would find more to asdd to that list.

A.C.I.D it should be in the start menu with 120. Andy I beg to differ I have a few game's that access the disk during gameplay with no reason to do so, my S.T.A.L.K.E.R game's do and it causes stutter and in the middle of a pack of snork's it is not a good time for it to happen. So I mount a disk image and no stutter because it does not have the delay of starting and reading the disk a few game's do it and no reason to other than check for validity.

To the amatuer doubters, there is not one game I own right now that needs the disk in the drive. OK Jason? Find out for yourself if you don't understand. I buy all my games. Never pirated one in my life, but I'll be damned if I am going to put my precious disk in everytime.
ps, never mounted a disk image either.

You don't need a disk that is the point exe's work just the same we just choose to use a mounted image and not a full one either :D Just so we are clear on that. Both do the same job just different flavour's, you are correct no modern day game need's to access it's disk, but they do, that is a fact but do not need to (security) hence the reason's for exe and image's, that scene got hijacked and demonised when it started as people wanting pristine disk's as they were damn expensive and crap quality :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.