i'm tired of this cpu occupancy error

• Thread starter Deleted member 1578763
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1578763

• Deleted member 1578763

like how many times have i seen this error? seriously, this has to be the worst error i have ever seen,
Map: Pacific Coast
CPU: Intel Core i5 10400F
GPU GTX 1650 Ti
RAM 16 GB
SSD 1TB
HDD 240GB

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it could be a bug or there is some programs or some things that dont "agree" with each other. I dont think its necessarily hogging performance although it could be in your case. Ive got this online and offline with or without other players or AI. Ive always been told that its single core performance and mine is maxed out but ive never debated it.

I have an 8c/16t CPU @5.1ghz with a 2080ti and 32gb 3200mhz ram M.2.....

When this 99% thing happens, ive disabled CSP and it still shows up. Ive lowered AF, AA, everything and it still shows up.

Does that happen when playing offline or online on someone's server? In the second case it may be triggered by server not handling the traffic, not ur PC.
Run Fraps or Afterburner with CPU overlay so you will see cpu usage in real time during game, i doubt anything would max out your i5.
RAM on the other hand - 16GB on some tracks with 10+ other cars - seen it maxing out lots of times and going to pagefile, but its a different story.

Does that happen when playing offline or online on someone's server? In the second case it may be triggered by server not handling the traffic, not ur PC.
Run Fraps or Afterburner with CPU overlay so you will see cpu usage in real time during game, i doubt anything would max out your i5.
RAM on the other hand - 16GB on some tracks with 10+ other cars - seen it maxing out lots of times and going to pagefile, but its a different story.
It was happening horribly for me yesterday in the LAC server you were in. It seemed I was the only person with the issue as everyone was driving just fine but on my end everyone was jittering around and teleporting. Its driving me nuts!

It was happening horribly for me yesterday in the LAC server you were in. It seemed I was the only person with the issue as everyone was driving just fine but on my end everyone was jittering around and teleporting. Its driving me nuts!
Ah, ok then its on your side indeed, didnt experience any issues myself...
your CPU is more then capable of running it without a squeal... Did you try to run CPU info or some CPU monitoring graph to see if its really spiking CPU on your side ? maybe its utilising only 1 core or some other odd behaviour, even task manager with all threads visible graph should give you some feedback.
Also, make sure you have swap file set to minimum 8GB, with only 16GB of RAM you are most likely exceeding limits and it is using your swap file to compensate, doubt its the problem in your case but worth checking regardless....

what car you were in? didnt notice the nickname but was busy battling CTRpig's oversteer :D

[EDIT} think i got confused ur post with OPs problem, in your case you probably didnt get CPU occupancy issue? teleporting and all happens to me when my connection goes haywire and with ping 150+ all starts to go berserk, check your DL/UL/PING with speedtest.net when that happens, maybe that is the problem?

Last edited:
Ah, ok then its on your side indeed, didnt experience any issues myself...
your CPU is more then capable of running it without a squeal... Did you try to run CPU info or some CPU monitoring graph to see if its really spiking CPU on your side ? maybe its utilising only 1 core or some other odd behaviour, even task manager with all threads visible graph should give you some feedback.
Also, make sure you have swap file set to minimum 8GB, with only 16GB of RAM you are most likely exceeding limits and it is using your swap file to compensate, doubt its the problem in your case but worth checking regardless....

what car you were in? didnt notice the nickname but was busy battling CTRpig's oversteer :D

[EDIT} think i got confused ur post with OPs problem, in your case you probably didnt get CPU occupancy issue? teleporting and all happens to me when my connection goes haywire and with ping 150+ all starts to go berserk, check your DL/UL/PING with speedtest.net when that happens, maybe that is the problem?
Yea I get the 99% thing and it goes hand in hand with the jittery players. Its like someone is turning a switch on and off every couple minutes. I have to have some issue with my system that I need to look into. Highest core only reaches high 40s, gpu sits around 70..

BTW im EdwinSpangler.. Weve drove a few times together with Turboner.

Yea I get the 99% thing and it goes hand in hand with the jittery players. Its like someone is turning a switch on and off every couple minutes. I have to have some issue with my system that I need to look into. Highest core only reaches high 40s, gpu sits around 70..

BTW im EdwinSpangler.. Weve drove a few times together with Turboner.

Ahh, ofcourse, that nick im familiar with, passed by u few times on Sunday indeed! Anytime I see your nick I keep imagining saluting dude waving US flag, sorry, im European ;D

that 99% is odd then, if its not happening to you locally it must be from the server message then but cant understand why it would affect you and not me for example, makes no sense...
hope u get it sorted :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea