I have an SFX-100 Motion System Coming, Let The Fun Begin! UPGRADES!?!?

JoeyD23

Premium
Well after months of research and poking around I finally scored a deal within my budget. I have ordered from a guy parting out his sim, his DIY SFX-100 motion system running on Arduino and 220v power.

I’m in convo with many friends and others within the community about first upgrading things before install. Wondering if any experts here could point me in a direction as it’s very overwhelming reading the hundreds of posts throughout RD.com on the subject.

1. I’d like to upgrade all the 3D printed bits to nicer looking anodized aluminum. Thinking primarily around the actuators themselves.
2. I’m also hunting for proper rubber feet to place at the bottom of the actuator shaft itself. He has some 3D printed balls that have held up but don’t stay on or in place well.

I have many other things I’m curious about or looking for but I won’t waste the groups time here as I think the folks helping me with converting to Thanos and 110v have already got me in the right direction.

Thanks for the help all! So much knowledge here!

Couple of pics below as the seller is packaging for shipment to me.

Also a pic of my sim I’m mounting it too. It’s a Heusinkveld profile rig. I think I’m going to need to widen it.

9FCE5A57-9C00-49EC-90BE-275B9C3590DB.jpeg

A753500D-0BEC-4BC2-B230-406ABF79751A.jpeg

4F23E9D9-B673-4AE7-ACA9-7D5929A7D30E.jpeg

Congrats! I am in the process of building an SFX-150 from scratch but with 3D-printed parts and Thanos.

I am planning to use "feet" with a combo of

- Top -> Eluflex EF-SF-060X100-M8-ELOX for some ability to compensate the poles being at an angle and of course for isolation purposes; planning to print some small cylinders that are attached to the top of the Eluflex with a screw and which the actuator poles "slide over", similar to those.

- Middle: Eluflex attached to 1cm MDF plates

- Bottom: EVA pads underneath the MDF for additional dampening to the floor, e.g. similar to those

Should look a little bit like this video in the end.

Would you go with a company to machine the alu parts or are you able to diy?

Last edited:
Congrats! I am in the process of building an SFX-150 from scratch but with 3D-printed parts and Thanos.

I am planning to use "feet" with a combo of

- Top -> Eluflex EF-SF-060X100-M8-ELOX for some ability to compensate the poles being at an angle and of course for isolation purposes; planning to print some small cylinders that are attached to the top of the Eluflex with a screw and which the actuator poles "slide over", similar to those.

- Middle: Eluflex attached to 1cm MDF plates

- Bottom: EVA pads underneath the MDF for additional dampening to the floor, e.g. similar to those

Should look a little bit like this video in the end.

Would you go with a company to machine the alu parts or are you able to diy?
I have a few friends who own and operate machine shops. So if I’m not able to find a company that already has them to purchase. Then i will use the STL 3D files and have them converted and then probably manually measured and machined from there.

I ended up purchasing some heavy dusty washing machine vibration and non slip pads that another person with SFX recco’d after using for a year or so without failure or flaw. Simple and cheap.

Thanks for the response and good luck!

I see an integrated triple monitor mount.

I see trouble.
lol don’t worry that won’t stay mounted (I don’t think). I just ordered some profile, enough to remove the triple mount and place on an external stand. This mount wouldn’t hold up as it’s only 40/40 and some smaller Heusinkveld angled brackets not designed for motion that are holding the monitors. I did get enough material to reinforce what I think would be stable enough but still don’t like the idea of having them on there.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 173 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 57 28.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 71 35.9%