F1 2018 I have a favour to ask about Board panels

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
I have to ask here since there is no Mod Questions thread yet.

But I am trying to change the advert boards of all the tracks. I know where they are located and how to change them but there is one small detail that I just can't find no where. The attached pictures will show you what I mean, any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to get the tracks authentic as possible and I am not that found to see F1 2018 on all the tracks.

Untitled-4.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

Hi Michael,

Great to see someone working on this, have fun.

Look at the different bridge tga's. Just have to find the correct one and colour it the same background colur and it fills in the gap. The "black" Shanghai texture you are looking for is placed in common_sponsors_2018 under the name pzero_bridge_a

To solve the "white" texture for the awful white/red F1 2018 banner it may be ubs_bridge_a found elsewhere. Keep looking you'll soon get the hang of it.

china5.png

I changed it very quickly and got this result:-
china.jpg

That is fine but unless you rename some folders you will get this green edge on other tracks with unrelated adverts so you need to make common_sponsors_2018 specific to each track.

(1) Copy and paste common_sponsors_2018 (found under tracks files)
(2) Rename eg: shanghai_sponsors_2018

china1.png

(3) Go to the shanghai folder and open wep folder
(4) Open shanghai_2018.assetgroup file

china2.png

(5) rename the path from common_sponsors_2018.erp to shanghai_sponsors_2018.erp

china3.png

china4.png

Once you have followed that procedure then make the change to the pzero_bridge_a texture and save erp.

china6.png

You will need to follow this procedure for the majority of tracks. I uploaded files here for a couple of years and had no effect on my game, except the not working online stuff.

It would be great if you could do this work for all the tracks. It is a lot of time and effort but you get great feedback from this community who are very grateful. My job means I have no time to do it anymore.

I hope that helps.

Jim

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 464 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.2%
Back