I have a couple Dedicated server questions!

M

MotorMouth

• MotorMouth

I'm the owner of a GSP and I have a couple customers wanting to know if I will host Race07. I have hosted N2k3, ASR and rFactor for years and never had the problems I have with this game. I need to host the game with multiple instances each with different user folders.

In rFactor I can run as many installs each with their own folder. But with this game I can only seem to get it to run inside the steam folder with only one profile in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07". I need to run the game through my game server control panel. I can't do it with the files in different locations.

hummm.... Never had that need:( but I know you can launch the dedicated server outside Steam. There is a thread in this forum about it.

The only thing I know is, that you can run the server while Steam is offline. But for this you would have to run multiple instances of steam, which steam does not let you do on once PC.

I think RD is actually running multiple instances on one physical box, arent you?

• MotorMouth

Running multiple instances is not a problem. I need to run multiple installs so each customer will have their own folders.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%