I found a cool toy to play with today, check this out..

I was not even looking for it either. Its called facetracknoir, similar to trackir I think its called but for a fraction of the price. Actually $0 if you have a decent webcam hooked up to your computer. I thought it was going to be a hassle to install and configure. I just installed it, left everything at default, pressed the start button then started AC and suddenly I have head tracking. I didn't even have to change anything in AC, it just works! Its pretty cool, seems to work quite well actually. And if you want to get fancy and tweek, theres apparently dozens of filters and option and stuff. Works with most games too! Cool find for zero dollars. I will definitely be donating, some folks put a lot of work into this it seems.

Peter

To me Tracking Head's is not right on a single /double screen (can't say for triple screens) you do not turn your head enough. I find that I turn my head but keep my eyes forwards and that don't feel right, there is a disconnect between moving head keeping eyes strait and the moving image:O_o:. I real life I do not turn my head much at all for small quick looks at shallow angles for example mirrors (a bit for the look across the passenger seat to that mirror). It is only bigger angles or over the shoulder looks that I turn my head
Real Head Motion moves the point of interest in-front of you allowing for your eyes to move on up further down the road to the next part of the turn.

I tried this program but unfortunately the latency was very noticeable and disconcerting. It could be a result of my camera only being able to push 30 fps, but also the program's processing overhead and delay when communicating with the game. I also found that it was not as precise as I'd hoped it would be, but that could be due to the lighting in the room.

I'm using a Sony PSeye with the IR filter removed + added daylight filter and a cap with 3 IR LEDs. It's tracking the LEDs at 75 Hz (640x480 resolution) using FreeTrack. FreeTrack is set to output at 2 x 75 Hz (interpolating). It's working VERY well. I'm using it with GSCE, Race07 and ETS2. Hardly any lag and very low CPU usage: 3%! You have to adjust the curve so it exaggerates your head movement a bit. It takes some time to get used to moving your head and keep looking at the screen, but the ability to freely look around is amazing. I don't want to drive without it anymore. Highly recommended. Cheap too... :)

I'm using FreeTrack. Switch the IR LEDs on on your cap. Start FreeTrack, press Start (in FreeTrack) to enable the camera and check if the skull is moving when your head is moving. If it is not moving: adjust brightness / exposure of the camera and/or lower the threshold in FreeTrack.
Minimize FreeTrack and start GSC / ETS2 / AC / Race07. It will work as soon as you are in your car (cockpit camera).

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%