How to unlock original game with RSF Plugin

I originally posted this over a week ago on the Rally sim Fan Forum and have not gotten one response so I'm posting here for hopes someone can help.

Hey guys I am completely new to RBR. I found out about this amazing game and this installer on Friday. I have spent the weekend getting everything up and researching the game. I do have a question though. I know that the car list is downloaded off of the server for RSF so you can't add cars to it. I also know from looking around that you can replace one of the original 8 cars in the base game (car and physics) and it will show in game. I want to test some of the new released cars on here in the original base game with the plugin installed. Now I've seen some forums where it stated it can't be done but in this 2021 guide: https://www.rallysimfans.hu/rbr/downloa ... ons_v5.pdf it makes a comment in the section under INSIDE RBR (page 3) that there is some minor tweaks that will unlock the original game modes to work while still having the plugin installed. This would be incredible if anyone could help me. I am okay with replacing the cars manually from the base 8 just to try some of the new releases on this site and then be able to just swap over to the plugin and enjoy RSF. Does anyone know how to do this?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.