How to turn on wipers?

Sorry to disappoint you but this is one of the everlasting gripes about GTR2: Wipers never worked :(
Some have tried to mod the game, I think there are videos on youtube, but it's not become a solid mod as far as I know.

Last edited:
I have used "Wiper-Collections_for_rain_v01_0_by_LkwFan_for_GTR2" with some success but it only addresses a dozen cars (a do-it-yourself tutorial for others is also included). I do not know if there is a later version. I will gladly upload v01_0 to my MediaFire page (or here) if LkwFan has no objection.

It requires a bit of work, but I had good luck with making decent looking custom wipers for many cars such as the Saleen S7R. (the screen shots below do not do the wipers justice; they actually look better).

Monza-1.jpg

Monza-2.jpg

Monza-4.jpg

If I recall I was not really impressed by this mod (otherwise it would have been included in 10th anniversary patch long time ago), we are far from race07 effect, but maybe you could do something cool with it gwaldock ;)

It might be interesting to see how it may work, Gwaldock .... if LkwFan is OK with the fact you'd upload it here.
If the main problem is also a question of a good quality wipers gmt, maybe this could be possible to find a solution ... but I suspect of course the quality problem might come especially with the way the windshield has to loose its rain drops for a moment after the wiper has passed on the window.... and have them again after a few milliseconds.

Hi guys, i noticed some of the cars in GTR 2 have windshield wipers, but i cant find out how to turn them on. Are they not functional? Thanks!!
Wipers are working now in HQ Anniversary Patch :

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%