how to set wheel force in iracing if i not use 100 max force in my wheel

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

I read previously iracing has weird force setting if you use 20 nm in wheel you must set 40 nm in iracing to use 10 nm. but i set 13 nm in my DD wheel so how i should set it in iracing to 20nm cause wheel has it at max and its 20 nm wheel limited by software in wheel to 13 nm, or shall i set 13 nm in iracing to use those 13 nmi set in wheel softwar?

You've got it pretty much right to begin with. If your wheel will only output 13Nm max then set 13Nm in game to use all of that or set 26Nm in-game to use half of 13Nm.

But just experiment you'll quickly find what you like.

I would expect your wheel's software to be the limiter rather than iRacing overriding it.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

You've got it pretty much right to begin with. If your wheel will only output 13Nm max then set 13Nm in game to use all of that or set 26Nm in-game to use half of 13Nm.

But just experiment you'll quickly find what you like.

I would expect your wheel's software to be the limiter rather than iRacing overriding it.
thanks for reply, thats how i thought. but i still must wait for iracing to download xd. i had it bought for one year and decided to uninstall, now wanted to buy one month and i saw i still have 3 month to play it xd. wanna test my new wheel settings with it maybe ill like it again

• Deleted member 963434

i think i may just found perfect, fastest way to set ffb in any car just in less than 10 minutes. Tell me if iam right or did somebody earlier post this method?
to begin my wheel settings changed a bit since when i made this question. now im not using 13 nm but 10 nm in 20 nm dd wheel. and as i decided to use 10 nm at max the 8 nm in sims is perfect feeling for me, in other sims its easy to set you just set gain to 80% but iracing has it weird. so i found out how to set desired 8 nm in iracing when wheel is set to 10 nm at max. my method is:
Im not sure if this would work when somebody has wheel set at 20 or 15 nm but i think it should work too. First you set (as picture below) [wheel force] at 8 nm (if yo want use 8, if you want 12 set 12, 6 and 6 etc) then [strength] at max to use all force available. i think if you set [wheel force] at 8nm it will cap it at 8nm and introduce clipping, that is just to see which [strenght] value corresponds to 8 nm at max
So i set desired 8nm [wheel force], [strength] at max, then just make 3 laps but not hard driving, just driving slower not touching kerbs etc, clipping is every turn and wheel so hard to turn. then after 3 laps driving i click [auto] button, click on [strength] caption to change it from strength 22,something value to force value which showed me 13 nm would be force capped at 8 nm. then i set [wheel force] at 13 nm and leaved [strength] value at max, another time 3 laps but this time i not only drive fastest i can but also abusing car as much as i can, hitting kerbs hard, fast movements with wheel etc, to generate as much strongest forces to introduce clipping on purpose. then i click [set ffb per car] button below and i click [auto], this way my force to use at 13 nm [wheel strength] was measured at [strength] 22,7 as on picture below. force is good, linear, not clipping, recentering good. very good feel so now i start to think iracing really can have best ffb of all but only when set up correctly
Przechwytywanie.JPG

• Deleted member 963434

and this procedure not must be made each car from beginning, you only setting wheel force at 13 nm for all cars, then may leave global settings for all cars at max strenght, but use auto button after some laps. my method is to measure which value of wheel force you should use to have desired nm you want use. that way i found 13 nm wheel force setting would be 8nm used in iracing as max force, then i click auto button for each car just to have strongest force near 8 nm force, but without clipping

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 963434

Yeah that's a good way. The auto method is really handy.
yes but i mean how to measure if i currently has max wheel output set to 10 nm, how to make iracing make max output to 8 nm. if i would set 10 nm in iracin it would always try to utput 10 nm in any car, even when using auto button. but i found way how to have 10 nm in wheel and 8 nm in iracing. the method i posted im very sure does that, yo must set 8 nm and strenght at max, then iracing when i click auto tells me wchich strength is 8nm, then i match strength to wheel force, again set strenght at max, then drive another 3 laps, then click auto and i have force around 6 nm but 8 nm at max. its perfect force, and bestt ffb i had in any sim

What I do on every, literally every car is this:

Driver in your system:
100% in the driver setting in windows - this allows the game to use the full capacity of the FFB, rather then distorting it or squeezing it to a smaller value.
FEI i keep around 70-100 depending on track (if bumpy; i lower it)
Rest is up to you however you want it.

In game:
DD1 is what i have, so the wheel force is at 20NM, and that never moves from there.
Strength i have default set on 6 (not the NM value, but the actual strength value) - this is a nice low value that will fit ANY car to start tuning it.

And just tune it, depending on car. If too violent, lower, if too weak, rise it.
If the wheel is too light - add damping.

Make sure that youre setting controls per car, and leave the defaults where they are.

Maybe you should also try irFFB. I feel it helps with the feeling of the car when approaching the limit and with Fuzzwah's hard fork it definitely gives me a better feel for when the car is understeering.

I use 60Hz direct filtered 360Hz as this is what feels best for me but there are two other options you can try.

You can find it here:
irFFB 1.5.6

You will need to download vJoy v2.1.8 to get less latency while using irFFB but it is not a requirement.

• Deleted member 963434

i solved my "issue" if i can call it that
i dont want to use 20 nm for when i crash i dont want to wheel shake so hard i think 10 nm at max is better for driving and i dont care for crashing to be real.
my way i described above is perfect for me now., i was wondering if i use 10 nm in wheel but want iracing to use max 8nm and how to set as it has weird measurement of forces, for example if you using 20 nm in wheel and want have 10 nm in iracing you must set 40 nm in iracing.
but my way is perfect how to set when you use 10 nm in wheel and want iracing to use 8 nm at max, as i described you set iracing wheel force to 8nm and strength at max then you drive 3-4 laps wheel clipping every turn, but after that you click "auto" button and iracing measure 8 nm would be 14 nm in iracing. i did some calculations and i know its certain: as you have 20 nm in wheel you must set it in iracing to 40 nm to use 10 nm in iracing.. so if you have 10 nm in wheel how to set 8 nm in iracing? i found my way to be perfect cause if you have 10 nm in wheel then 20 nm in iracing would be 5 nm right? so i found each 10% increasing/decreasing force is 0,5 nm increasing/decreasing force of wheel in iracing. that way i found out:
you set 10 nm in wheel, put nm in iracing to 8 nm and strength in iracing to max, and auto measurement sets force at 14 nm. i found how it works
10 nm in wheel and 20 nm in iracing its 5 nm in iracing, why?
10 nm in wheel and 10 nm in iracing is 10 nm in iracing
so 10 nm in wheel and 14 nm in iracing is 8 nm i iracing and i know why now
10 nm in wheel and 20 nm in iR is 5nm , then decrease to 19 nm in iracing you gain 0,5 nm force.
10 nm in wheel 19 nm in iracing is 5,5 nm
10 nm wheel 18 nm iR is 6 nm
10 nm wheel 17 nm iR is 6,5 nm
10 nm wheel 16 nm iR is 7 nm
10 nm wheel 15 nm iR is 7,5 nm
10 nm wheel 14 nm iR is 8 nm
10 nm wheel 13 nm iR is 8,5 nm
10 nm wheel 12 nm iR is 9 nm
10 nm wheel 11 nm IR is 9,5 nm
10nm wheel 10 nm iR is exactly 10 nm in iracing
same goes for 20 nm in wheel and 40 nm iR its 10 nm and its same thing to calculate it
i found fastest way to measure exactly how much nm you want to use it set in iracing desired wheel nm then wheel force at max as above then make 4 laps and dont mind it clips for 5 seconds every small turn, it will measure it just perfect

• Deleted member 963434

you have set wheel at 20 nm but want iracing to use max 12 nm for example.. how to measure it you ask ?
go my way, set wheel force at 12 nm and strength at max, make 3-4 laps just normal slower driving not abusing car, then click {auto} and iracing will tell you , you must click on "strength" letter to change it from (for example) 22,7 value into nm value, then set [wheel force] into that value, that way iracing would use 12 nm yo want as max your wheel value, then you set [wheel force] into that value and you have your default STARTING setting for each car, but then every car you drive you must put strength at max make 3-4 laps now abusing car, hitting kerbs aggresively then click auto and iracing will tell you how you shall use strength for each car and of course as you told use "custom car settings"

• Deleted member 963434

I must tell i was wrong, my way to set desired peak force in iracing not work as i thought it work.. maybe it only works when you have DD wheel set at 10nm/half its max torque but it not work when you choose different torque in wheel driver.
but i already figured it out how to set desired peak torque but you must do it manually easiest way is to type some numbers in windows notepad xD
my way i described applies when you have wheel torque set at 10 nm but yesterday i wanted to test my wheel at 13 nm torque and set 8nm peak in iracing and my way did not work.
i set 13 nm in wheel then did my way i set strength at max and desired torque at 8 nm in iracing wheel force and iracing told me i shall use 14 nm wheel force... but i real quick figured it out it wont be 8 nm peak torque as forces was too strong i could clearly say that from first corner.
so i figured out how to set it manually and for 13 nm in wheel driver that would be:
its always same way no matter what torque you use on wheel you always multiply your set torque by 2x and its half of your torque in iracing so 13 x 2 = 26 nm and if you set 26nm in iracing its actually 6,,5 nm at its peak... so how i shall set in iracing to have desired 8 nm at peak? i typed it all in notepad and that is:
13x2=26nm that is half of 13nm in iracing, that is 6,5 nm
13 nm in wheel and 13 nm in iracing is 13 nm in iracing so how to set 8 nm?
13 wheel, 26 iracing is 6,5 peak
13 wheel, 25 iracing is 7 peak
13 wheel, 24 iracing is 7,5 peak
13 wheel, 23 iracing is 8 peak
13 wheel, 22 iracing is 8,5 peak
13 wheel, 21 iracing is 9 peak
13 wheel, 20 iracing is 9,5 peak
13 wheel, 19 iracing is 10 peak
13 wheel, 18 iracing is 10,5 peak
13 wheel, 17 iracing is 11 peak
13 wheel, 16 iracing is 11,5 peak
13 wheel, 15 iracing is 12 peak
13 wheel, 14 iracing is 12,5 peak
and 13 in wheel and 13 in iracing and that is 13 nm actually
so as i was using previously 10 nm thats why i was using 14 in iracing to have 8 nm at peak, that is
10 in wheel and 10 in iracing = 10 peak in iracing
10 in wheel and 20 in iracing (10x2=20) = 5 peak in iracing (cause half of 10 is 5) , you ask why? i tell you:
10 wheel 20 iracing is 5nm peak
10 wheel 19 iracing is 5,5nm peak
10 wheel 18 iracing is 6 nm peak
10 wheel 17 iracing is 6,5 peak
10 wheel 16 iracing is 7 peak
10 wheel 15 iracing is 7,5 peak
10 wheel 14 iracing is 8 peak (that how iracing measured my desired force of 8 nm at its peak my way i posted, but now i know its not working you must set it manually my newest way)
10 wheel 13 iracing is 8,5 peak
10 wheel 12 iracing is 9 peak
10 wheel 11 iracing is 9,5 peak
and again 10 wheel 10 iracing is 10 nm peak
same goes for who use his 20 nm wheel at max torque in driver that is
20 nm in wheel driver and 40 nm in iracing is 10 peak in iracing
20 wheel 38 iracing is 11 peak
20 wheel 36 iracing is 12 peak
20 wheel 34 iracing is 13 peak
20 wheel 32 iracing is 14 peak
20 wheel 30 iracing is 15 peak
20 wheel 28 iracing is 16 peak
20 wheel 26 iracing is 17 peak
20 wheel 24 iracing is 18 peak
20 wheel 22 iracing is 19 peak
and again 20 nm in wheel and 20 in iracing is actual 20 nm peak in iracing you use all force of your wheel

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back