How to set triple screens properly

Niels_at_home

Reiza Studios
Here is what to do to get 3 screens drawing a proper image!

Quick And Easy 95%:
- Bezel correction has to be done in your Nvidia / AMD control panel software
- If you have the side monitors angled towards you, select 'multiview' in the AMS Config tool
- If you have 3 screens as one 'flat super wide' screen, don't tick 'multiview'

In game vertical FOV depends. If you have 3x 16:9 screens, 48:9, using 30 degrees FOV gives you (48/9)*30 = 160 deg horizontal FOV. Only you know what FOV you get in your sim! :)

The other 5%:
Set camera orientation to be level
Open the .CAM file (gamedata / vehicles / car) and make sure the cockpit cam says:

OrientationOffset=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)

You may need to use the 'adjust seat' controls in game to fine tune the position.

Not really related but still things I adjust:
PLR file (userdata / yourname folder). Remove fake head shakes
Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.0"
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.0"

CAM file cockpit cam (gamedata / vehicles / car). 'camera pitch and roll stabilization'
OrientationRate=(20.00000, 250.00000, 20.00000)

I set the head movement in game to zero or near zero.

Hope this helps!
Niels

CAM file cockpit cam (gamedata / vehicles / car). 'camera pitch and roll stabilization'
The default values for this got changed to 10,250,10 or 20,250,20 in an update so I don't think we need to do this anymore unless using 10s makes a noticeable difference from 20.

By the way. Does anyone know how to keep movement but just get rid of the way the car's body yaws and rolls relative to you?

Last edited:
Not really related but still things I adjust:
PLR file (userdata / yourname folder). Remove fake head shakes
Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.0"
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.0"

Hi Niels. With the updates to AMS over the years, does this still apply? I'm curious and would like to replicate your settings...

The PLR file vibration mults yes, still need to set those to zero to remove fake / canned head wobble. The CAM file is now part of the game. It is the incorrectly named "Lock To Horizon'' setting in the display / display submenu. 100% reduces the pitch orientation rate for the camera so the view is more stable when the car goes over bumps / kerbs.

Thanks Niels! I got motion from a Next Level Racing Motion v3 so I'm trying to make the view as realistic as possible since I'll be moving much more and therefore don't need so much of the game's head, car, and world/horizon moving.

I'm going to play around with the PLR lines. in RF1, I remember I had a setting which was pretty close to my real-life experiences. It was a very high frequency cockpit vibration which gave the cockpit and dials a "buzzing" look so the dials would get blurry (although nowhere near as blurry as real). At certain RPMs in real life, I could barely make out the numbers on the tach and the big number on the car behind me's nosecone was barely legible because of the severe cockpit vibrations.

Other than trying to replicate the harsh cockpit buzz, I'm looking to lower most movement due to the Motion Platform now providing movement quite a bit.

Last edited:
hi guys, quite late at the party but I have that issue with ams1 and triples : when ingame menu, I have a constant "bleeding" of various colours on both lateral monitors, untill I start the driving session. also, it always happens that, after 5 minutes like after 1 hour, the sim freeze and I need to alt-tab and kill the process. any suggestion? thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back