How to record my steering wheel from a front angle with my phone?

What sort of tripod/thing do I have to buy to record the wheel at a frontal angle? I want to use my phone (samsung S7), mount it in some sort of structure/tripod that would be sitting I guess at a torso level so I get a good frontal view of the wheel, hands etc. I just have no idea how people record this angle. It would need to be a bending structure that comes from above to not get in the way of the arms so I can turn... I just dont know what to buy.

If this isn't clear enough I did this diagram. The red arrow is where I need the camera to be recording at. You get the idea hopefully. Getting a go pro on my chest wouldnt work, it has to be fixed, mounted somewhere to get a recording that doesn't move.

record-wheel.png

Last edited:
I record my hands playing, and I record gameplay with OBS.

How do I sync the movement of my hands file, with the gameplay of the game file?

Is there a way to press "record" and record both the phone and the gameplay? the phone would need to be connected with the usb cable into the computer tho.. so i dont know
Anyone wondering why they clap in video this is why. It gives you a reference point in the tone line so easy to match up

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea