How to prevent SFX-100 from "walking" your chassis around...

I found someone who is helping me build an SFX-100 system with traction loss. It will be installed on a P1-X. He already has a similar setup (placed on concrete) and the movement is so intense that it walks the chassis all around. This is despite him having placed some massive steel plates to weigh things down.

My rig is going to be in the basement - there will be carpet, then the carpet padding, then concrete. Can someone help me figure out how you all are putting these in your homes and making it work? Is it more an issue of turning down the intensity and tuning it properly? I see a lot of photos with them set up on wood floors - how does it not move around and ruin the flooring? Any tips for my carpet setup?

Last edited:
I am on concrete that is carpeted. I dont put my rig directly on to that, I got some MDF and cut it to be long enough and wide enough to go under all four legs of the SFX.

So it didnt look like rubbish I wrapped it in carbon fiber wrap. You can then secure the rubber floor protectors on to that so they wont move and should prevent the SFX moving around unless they are jumping out of the floor protectors.

This shouldnt be a problem unless you have some wild profiles in dirt rally etc.

Upvote 0
I built a separate rectangle frame out of profile and mounted 3D printed cup holders on each corner that the feet sit inside of. The cup holders were on the 3D printing channel of the SimFeedback discord. The whole rig sits on a puzzle piece exercise mat. No rig walking for me anymore.

Upvote 0
Mine galops around. Pulled the computer out of the wall on the first night. Since then I made a 2x4 frame with some pockets for the steel rods, then layed about 1000 lbs of steel on the 2x4 frame. Every month or so I need to push the whole frame and rig away from the wall with a long 2x4 lever haha. I have brutal settings on dirt rally and pcars2 as well as twice as fast screws and stronger motors. Wouldnt have it any other way.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea