How to manage 2 monitors on 1 pc

Hello,

I recently bought a sim rig with a dedicated monitor attached to it. So now I have 2 monitors connected to 1 pc. One monitor I use for work/desktopgaming and the other only for racing on my rig. What's the best way to set this up in Windows? I currently have "duplicate displays" selected in the display settings menu and when I want to go racing I right click on my desktop and select "show only on display 2" as that is my racing monitor. Is there an easier or better way to do this? Are there other settings I should take into account?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Because when I click to open steam on my race monitor it will actually open on my desktop monitor. I think because that is set as "main" monitor?

Well, yes, the tray icon will always be shown at the main monitor. (you can enable the taskbar for both screens, but I think not the tray icons) While the open program (gui) itself will be remembered on which screen it was displayed.
So if you move programs to the 2nd screen and close those there, next time they should also open on that screen.

Last edited:
2 monitors.jpg

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 56 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 90 58.4%