How to install mods?

Hi everyone,

I have a little question. I have downloaded Rally Trophy from www.oldgamedownloads.com into my download folder. I am playing Rally Trophy for a while but I would like to install some mods. I have tried to download RTBZF Manager but when I want to open it it says 'Please reinstall the game'.

I've tried this several times but it doesn't work. I am not the most convenient in the use of mods, so can anybody help me how I should use or how I can open RTBZF Manager to use the mods? Thanks in advance!

The game version you have downloaded seems like a portable rip version (runs without installation). However RTBZF manager needs some windows registry keys that are created during Rally trophy installation.
Your best option is to download the full Rally trophy iso and install the game (and the patch and nocd). The iso + patch and nocd are available at MyAbandonware site.

Last edited:
Once you have a full install of RT, burn that iso to a disc. If you ever want to remove a mod and return to default, BZFManager will ask for the disc (you could just backup the Data folder but then would have to manually restore). When you install the manager it will ask if you want to associate it with rtp files, accept this and you're ready; almost all mods are in rtp format so just double click on the rtp file and BZFManager will pop up and ask if you want to install it.

If you are running Vista or later you will also need the Control Fix, otherwise the control assignment screens do not work.

Thanks for the quick and clear responses! Unfortunately, when I'd try to start the game now, I get the following error:

"file error: missing variable 'Languagegeld01' data/language/language.ini"

Odd, I've never seen that. The only "language" file I have is a "language.bzf", about 10k in size, in the data folder; do you have that.

Yes, odd. Language.ini should be inside language.bzf, I think.
language-ini.jpg
Some ideas - start GameLauncher.exe and RallyTrophy.exe as administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP
Also if RallyTrophy is installed on your system drive - usually C: - Windows might prevent game from starting normally.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea