How to get a lot faster?

New to ACC (and sim racing in fact), been grafting away trying to get my ratings up, I'm currently at;
TO 8766
TR 96
CN 81
CC 91
PC 57
SA 77 (was over 85 but entered some active banlist races - ...big mistake)
RC 65
CP 0

I've been racing at Monza with the Ferrari 488 GT3 (2018) and I cannot get under 1:50.685, I've messed around with tyre temps trying to get them around 27.5psi FR&RR at race pace and I just don't know where people are getting the extra 4/5 seconds from? What should I do next to try and gain some vital (milli)seconds?

Last edited:
If you got the money to spend, I can recommend Coach Dave Academy.
David Perel is a great guy (a friend of mine worked with him at Ferrari eSports in Mugello for a few days) and one month of the coach dave subscription will give you enough to get better:
- you get a qualy setup
- race setup
- telemetry of qualy and race laps
- track map pdf to put your own notes on
- video of a qualy lap

The video available on YouTube for free. Just Google coach dave ferrari monza.
The setups are the most professional ones I've come across. Looking at the damper histograms in motec shows beautifully dialed in suspension.

If course you can also get advice on here, provide us with videos of your laps, ask for setups or download setups from YouTube videos etc etc.

But I wanted to get black on white data and quick answers where I'd need to work on.
So I bit the bullet and got the suspension for 1 month.
In the end I'm still subscribed after 4 months.

I signed up for a league and had barely any experience in acc.
I couldn't get up to speed and coach dave really helped a lot with the setups, videos and telemetry.

Made some small improvements since I’ve realised the brake pads were different compounds. Moving to type 1 has shaved a few tenths off. Still not into 1:49’s yet though.

There will always be someone better as you.
Some esports pilots are already gifted guys training the all day into a professional structure
You won´t beat them on track.

1:49 is already a great laptime

Yeah, stop comparing yourself to people who race almost for a living.

I can't get under 1:58 on Nurburgring on ACC no matter what setup I use. I regularly clock 2:00 or high 1:59 but there's no way I can go below that no matter how much I practice.

I just can't and I accepted the fact that I'm not that great of a sim racer. I just try to beat my personal bests, enjoy the game and don't really care how good the others are.

The biggest improvement to me came when I reduced the FFB gain from 100 to 80. When it's on 100 setting, it creates a lot of clipping. Maybe I should try to reduce it even more, some pros are using 60% gain.

Last edited:
If you got the money to spend, I can recommend Coach Dave Academy.
David Perel is a great guy (a friend of mine worked with him at Ferrari eSports in Mugello for a few days) and one month of the coach dave subscription will give you enough to get better:
- you get a qualy setup
- race setup
- telemetry of qualy and race laps
- track map pdf to put your own notes on
- video of a qualy lap

The video available on YouTube for free. Just Google coach dave ferrari monza.
The setups are the most professional ones I've come across. Looking at the damper histograms in motec shows beautifully dialed in suspension.

If course you can also get advice on here, provide us with videos of your laps, ask for setups or download setups from YouTube videos etc etc.

But I wanted to get black on white data and quick answers where I'd need to work on.
So I bit the bullet and got the suspension for 1 month.
In the end I'm still subscribed after 4 months.

I signed up for a league and had barely any experience in acc.
I couldn't get up to speed and coach dave really helped a lot with the setups, videos and telemetry.
watch some fast laps and see where they get away with braking from and their lines.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Forum trophies