MGP15 How to fix MotoGP15 Track Skytextures (to work in Ride2,VRTG,MGP17)

Hi,

MGP15 Tracks look a bit broken if you put them into the newer games, this is caused by a simple change in the path that points to the textures and can be fixed with Mixfile Remixer and a simple text editor like Notepad.

So first step would be extracting the track with MixFile Remixer and locate the files which end on *.SKY
Those are just simple textfiles, so you can open them with Notepad/Editor etc.

I will take INDIANAPOLIS_CLEAR.SKY as example here.

You are looking for this 2 lines there :

SkyTextureFileName="textures/skyandweather/sun/sun_cgskies_0135" SkyTextureReflexFileName="textures/skyandweather/sun/sun_cgskies_0135"

to make it MGP17, RIDE2 and VRTG compatible, the paths need a little addition, so change those 2 lines into :

SkyTextureFileName="textures/skyandweather/nhdri_4k/sun/sun_cgskies_0135" SkyTextureReflexFileName="textures/skyandweather/nhdri_1k/sun/sun_cgskies_0135_1024"

Edit , because first version of post was incomplete

The next file to edit will be INDIANAPOLIS_CLEAR.SCN, again a simple textfile which can be opened with Notepad/Editor.

This will be similar edit like before, to match both files.

find and change ...
skytexture = pictures\sun_cgskies_0135.dds
skyreflextexture = pictures\sun_cgskies_0135.dds

into

skytexture = pictures\sun_cgskies_0135.dds
skyreflextexture = pictures\sun_cgskies_0135_1024.dds

now the final step, which requires a graphic editing software that can edit dds-files.
if you don't have any software to edit dds - you could also just borrow the files from another track and rename them.

go to the "Pictures" folder of the unpacked track and find "SUN_CGSKIES_0135.DDS"
resize it to 1024x256 px and save as new file "SUN_CGSKIES_0135_1024.DDS"
format has to be DXT5 ARGB 8bpp | interpolated alpha.

now you could repeat the same procedure for all weathers just with other filenames or repack everything and do a testride.

the same method should work for all motogp15 tracks if you wanna use them in MGP17/Ride2/VRTG

Last edited:
I carefully edited the three Sky files as you suggested and double checked everything then repacked the Indianapolis mix file and placed it back in the motogp 17 tracks folder but still I am getting dark skies on CLEAR weather selection. Cloudy does seem to be o.k. though..?

I did this all twice to make sure I hadn't made a silly mistake but still getting cloudy dark skies on CLEAR.

Loving the Indy track (one of my favourite tracks) but struggling to achieve a bright sunny day.

Can you please help me Rez? Do you have your versions of the Sky files that maybe I could try?

Sorry to be a nuisance but I'm struggling with this a bit.

Thank you again.

maybe using anonther *.afx / *.pex or *.env file from a mgp17 track could help ?
not really into graphic modding...maybe the other guys have better knowledge how to edit stuff like this.
i also did not found a way to main the raindrops that splash on the ground look like the other tracks :/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back