I've been playing around with all the AI settings i could find and I have sucesfully managed to make all ai traffic go around shutoko at around 200+ km/h with no major issues regarding the speed. They may crash from time to time but that's not a problem.
The problem occurs that when car x tries to overtake car y but doesnt go far enough in front of the car y. So when car x tries to come back to the left lane it hits the front bumper of the car y with it's rear. Sometimes car x doesnt go back to the left lane at all which is a little better i guess but makes it impossible to overtake since they are driving together at the same speed. The frist part is super common and happens all the time making racing pretty much impossible with constant traffic jams. I've tried increasing AI min distance from one another but it doesnt seem to help. Im also wondering if anybody knows what X and Y offset settings stand for? One guy had Y=-0.35 which i copied but it doesnt seem to change much. I think making AI unable to overtake would fix that issue but even with agression on 0 they still overtake like that. I've also played around with

which only makes the cars spawn in groups in one line or dont spawn at all so i gave up on trying those out.
Right now the traffic spread is near perfect but with the constant crashes i can only enjoy driving for max 2min.
Also as you can see in my new_behaviour.ini file the values dont match with the in-game settings from the screenshot. Which ones are more ,,important,,? The in game values or the file itself? (yes i am aware there are 2 exact same files in 2 places and they are both identical)

The second type of crash that's pretty common is faster AI literally ramming in full speed in either my or some other AI's rear. Thats not that big of an issue but I just wanted to put it out there maybe somebody can help. Now right before posting that I've noticed another thing. When taking a corner AI often just changes lanes as it pleases going from left lane to right lane to make it into the corner. It happens even when there is no need for changing lanes like that.

I've spent hours trying to tweak every setting i could find but nothing helped. Is there any way to adjust AI even more precisely? I would really appriciate any help on the topic.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-22 124503.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-22 124503.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2024-02-22 124507.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-22 124507.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 44
  • new_behaviour.ini
    3.9 KB · Views: 21
The AI WILL ram unfortunately in the far left and middle lane. I find it easier to just watch my mirrors and stay in the right lane unless i'm going as fast as left and middle lane. You also just have to experiment with the cars you add. It's best to have similar powered cars running/racing together or else you'll have traffic troubles. If i ran a few street drift cars, handful of hypercars, and maybe a touch of hatchbacks, the group of hypercars will probably get a solid 10 seconds of full throttle before they run into the newly spawning drift cars/hatchbacks.

It sounds like you may also have less restricted hints, so they'll drive as if with no restriction. No way around that unfortunately. Maybe in a few more years when we get 20 core cpus, we can afford to have a separate AI for each car. That would be a dream haha.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.