How to: find servers in the rFactor lobby?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
No problem they are online but sometimes the lobby reacts strange. Please try the following to solve this problem:

• Go to: X:\rFactor\UserData\Your Name
  • Find Multiplayer.ini
  • Right click and open with notepad
  • Find:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]400[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Replace with:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]1000[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Don't forget that we write our server name in capitals. rFactor list small letters first followed by capitals

For Windows 7 users location of the file is found here

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\UserData

Make sure to go to "Organise" - Folder and Search options then View tab and choose to Show hidden files to see AppData.

GAAAH, this is driving me crazy. I have the latest version of rF, I edited the PLR file accordingly and I STILL can't find the RD servers, no matter how much I refresh or look through the list... :frusty:

My OS is Windows XP SP3 if that helps...

If your still having issues try putting both these lines to 0, both in the same Multiplayer.ini file.

Gamelist AutoRefresh (LAN)="0" // if true, the gamelist will auto refresh on page activation if LAN refresh type is selected
Auto Join Chat Server="1" // Whether to auto join to lobby chat during start up

You'll have to refresh the lobby manually.

Grrr! This is driving me up the wall.

I open the file with notepad, change the value from 1000 to 1600 (RD servers STILL not showing up) and save the .ini file. What puzzles me is that every time I access the file afterwards (after running rF) it seems to reset itself to 1000. The RD servers are still not showing up, and I have no idea what's keeping me from going insane. :at-wits-end:

Since our server has a new ip i have no trouble finding it anymore. Maybe reset to basic setttings and try again.

Dont forget we spell our servername in capitals and they are not in the same list as the non capital servernames

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%