How to Edit the HUD?

Just getting back into AMS2 after it's recent patch, Great Stuff!

But is there any way to edit the HUD? I know that there are 3 or four provided HUD options, and I prefer the info provided by the "Full" HUD. However, one of the elements (I forget which) blocks the right-side mirror on open wheelers. I'd like to either move or shut off only that element. Is this possible?

Thanks!

If you have an xbox controller you can edit the HUD with that from the pause menu. Its basically the only way to do it if you use VR as the cursor is not aligned in this specific screen for some reason.

You will have your cockpit view as a background so you can line things up just as you like.

You can adjust the HUD in any number of ways. Here's some info:

You have two cockpit huds, plus a telemetry hud and a clear screen option that you navigate through a funky switch or D Pad depending on your wheel. The key bindings for scrolling through the huds are in the Options/Controller/Game setting.
Here's what the 1st cockpit view in options looks like:
20230725223609_1-jpg.682982

Whilst incar, bring up the options menu and select HUD Options. With your mouse you can select the option you want and move it where you like as well as enable/disable all the elements too.
Here's mine with the leaderboard, full speedo, full tyre/damage/wear & the laptime icons.
20230725223443_1-jpg.682980

The 2nd Hud, and the one I actually use during races is the Light version. Minimal speedo and tyres and the relative timing screen enabled.
20230725223452_1-jpg.682981

There is more you can adjust such as size, depth, rotate, lean and other tricks explained in the Help screen seen above in the customisation menu. These setting will be mirrored in both VR and monitor view with slight differences. If you use VR, make sure that your monitor resolution is the native full resolution before adjusting the elements.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, guys, but I'm still having problems finding "HUD Options" mentioned by Redvalient. I wento "Options" while sitting in the car, then assigned a wheel button to "HUD View", but that only allows me to cycle thru the existing HUDs provided in AMS2. I need to edit/customize the HUD, but still can't seem to find that screen.

Can you provide the specific steps needed to navigate to the HUD edit/customize screen? (I guess that I need some hand-holding on this one.)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Options screen in game:
20231201172226_1.jpg

HUD options:
20231201172231_1.jpg

Or, Incar, in the pits or ontrack:
20231201172316_1.jpg

20231201172318_1.jpg

Resulting screen:
20231201172321_1.jpg

If you are not seeing these options, do a file validation via Steam for AMS2.

There is more you can adjust such as size, depth, rotate, lean and other tricks explained in the Help screen seen above in the customisation menu. These setting will be mirrored in both VR and monitor view with slight differences. If you use VR, make sure that your monitor resolution is the native full resolution before adjusting the elements.
In VR the help menu shows you the keys to adjust for every direction including depth and size.
If you reduce the monitor resolution in VR - to save processing power say - then you make the HUD area smaller on the VR screen and sometimes the elements can not be grabbed to be moved as they are below the monitor's screen area.
So, full screen when setting up the HUD in VR. Keypad and mouse for extra adjustments.

Is there a way to disable everything hud related? I have turned off every setting, yet the green flag message in the bottom right corner, the pit limiter notification, the damage notification etc. still show up.

I play in VR, so I want no hud what so ever, but I just can't figure out how to get rid of those notifications. Is there an ini file that can be edited or something?

Is there a way to disable everything hud related? I have turned off every setting, yet the green flag message in the bottom right corner, the pit limiter notification, the damage notification etc. still show up.

I play in VR, so I want no hud what so ever, but I just can't figure out how to get rid of those notifications. Is there an ini file that can be edited or something?
yes I think you set it to Off in the game->display settings.

Did you manage to remove the popups? the only way I can find is to remove the flag rules but that stops the LED track green and Blue lights so not a fix. Hope you found a way please let me know, cheers.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea