how to clear a VR menu

Hi all, I have had this happen a few times before, and it's time I learned how to clear it properly rather than having to shut everything down

While using VR, I sometimes touch something - a keyboard key, or a mouse button, I'm not sure what because I have the headset on. Whatever, up pops up this VR blue box menu, which has six icons in the middle, the top row of which is 3D viewer, settings, learn mixed...

I presume it's something to do with Windows mixed reality, but can't be certain. Anyway, no matter what I do, I can't find a way to get rid of the bloody thing, resulting in me having to shut down the game and VR

I assume that there is a way to close the menu box, and I would appreciate if someone can tell me what it is

Cheers

Les

Windows and y is how u change the focus. The only other fix would be to have one of the controllers handy to clear it. Windows and y should let u use the mouse to close it. Might need to press them twice. There is some options within the (wmr home) settings where u can set these up if needed

• Deleted member 197115

Did you try Windows key alone?

Since I posted this thread, that menu has not popped up once! Obviously I'm not complaining, as it hasn't been a nuisance but I do want to know how to deal with it. I had used the WIN + Y combination to return to the desktop to try and close things before, which is why I know that doesn't work, and assume that just the WIN key on its own also doesn't work because I would have been pressing it to get the combination, and it's unlikely I was good enough to synchronise both key presses at the same moment

Nonetheless I will try it next time just in case

Les

• Deleted member 197115

Check this doc, covers commands on WMR controllers and their counterparts on Gamepad and Keyboard-Mouse.
Windows Key is Start Menu
Right Mouse Click to show/hide Menu, could be the one you are seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 250 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 167 45.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 179 48.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 77 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 102 27.5%
Back