How to change AI Names and Performances?

Hello everyone, i've played recently ACC and i was trying to figure out on how to change the driver ai names.
but i was unlucky to found out my self.
It's the same with the performances, couldn't found it my self to.

Now i'll searched this forum because it was a big possibility to found it here, but for some reason i haven't found anything about it.

So can someone please tell me how i can change AI names and AI performances ( for example give a poor rider a good status that he will be in front instead on the back )

Cheers.

Hello, first of all thanks a lot kawa4saki for your help. I could not have come a cross this without your help.

Some context first:
Rather than racing a whole season with the same car (I get why most people would want this for a feeling of championship immersion), my goal is to, for example create a fictional custom grid for a one off 12h of Bathurst Race because I don't feel like racing cars that never raced at Bathurst, I would like to fill out the grid completely myself. I don't want to do this in a Championship setting, just a one off race.

So I tried applying this in a Custom Race Weekend setting

1. Start a new Single Race weekend preferably in Open Series
  2. Add the sessions you want (practice, qualifying, race only...)
  3. Add your custom opponents (this is an important part) and the amount of them
  4. Start your Race weekend
  5. During the first of your sessions, save your weekend - A savegame is now created by ACC
  6. Quit the session and exit the game
  7. Go to your ACC\savegames folder
  8. Find the json file named ___SE.json (____will be a certain number) - create a backup if you are afraid to mess things up.
  9. edit the json with a text editting program as follows:
  10. Go to the section were all participants of the race are listed, the 1st paragraph in this section here will be the Car you chose to drive - obviously don't edit this
  11. Starting from 2nd Paragraph will be listed your opponents for the session, they are automatically generated by ACC and as far as I know you can't change this list.
  12. Replace an opponent information with the information from a custom skin (information in Cars folder .json file. You can also change the driver settings according to your taste (name, skill,....)
  13. Save your edited file
  14. Reboot the game, load the savegame and restart the session, the new custom opponent should be there.
Remarks:
  1. Opponent configuration matters a lot! For example, if your opponents are NEW GEN GT3 cars, you can't use a skin for an old AUDI R8 LMS, or Jaguar, or any other first gen car, the game will crash if you do!
  2. I have not tried replacing opponents with other ACC based liveries, for this to work you need extra information on the livery - I will try this in detail later and report my findings. In general though I would assume Remark 1 applies here as well.
  3. So far I have only managed to race against other custom liveries combined with liveries that are automatically in your opponents list which I didn't replace.
  4. Saving during the race is always dangerous as AI tend to crash. It is better to save in such a manner that it is easy to restart the session.

So far my efforts to replace opponents with other ACC official liveries all continue to lead to a crash.
So this one goes beyond my knowledge - to this effect I conclude that it is possible to change opponents to custom liveries provided you respect the parameters defined in your single race weekend setup.
It is not possible for me to alter opponents into different official liveries at this time. For the moment I will stop my tests on this subject as I go on holiday. Hope this might help some of you.
Greets

@joeki2000,

but it possible, I did it myself.
And BTW, also thanks to kawa4saki who took the time explaining on discord how to edit the championchip_entrylist.json.

I wanted to create a custom championchip with exactly the cars/liveries for the AI that I want to. Here is how I did it.

Create a new championchip in ACC.
Choose the player car (one of the standard liveries in ACC) which you want later as AI in your final championchip. Get to the first practice session and quit.
Open championchip_entrylist.json, the first car/drivers combo is the one you just choose as the player car. Copy the lines into your final championchip-entrylist (replacing a generic car).
Important: In the text you just copied, there is a line (per driver!) "playerID": "1". You have to replace the 1 with a 0, so that ACC knows it's not a player car.

Repeat these steps for all the cars you want in your custom championchip.
This way it is possible to get very specific car/livery combos from non-custom liveries into your grid. And of course, you can edit the driver names and skill levels as well.

Last edited:
When i do have time i wil make a tutorial, with the steps how i have created custom championships with custom car livery's, ai names and skills etc.

and with much as possible information, wich paragram or texts is used for.

In case anyone else might be interested, here is the section that needs to be copied for each car that you want specifically as an AI in your custom championchip (as mentioned in my post above).

Best to use notepad++ (free) for editing json files.
Be careful to exactly mark, copy and replace the highlighted segment, from bracket to comma. Makes it easier and keeps the lines of text in order.

ae9dPJq.jpg

I''ve had some limited success with this as mentioned.
But in larger grid sizes, I tend to get crashes (above 10+ cars), even when I'm 100% sure I've got the wright JSON files.
Could be down to some errors in copy pasting (larger the grid, larger the possibility of human error). If any1 has any tips for avoiding error in copy/paste I would appreciate. Also is the spacing within the JSON files at all important?

First of all, I'm not sure if the spacing is important, but I made sure that I always copy and paste at the exact same place. From character to character, as I've shown in the screenshot. And again, I recommend using notepad++ for editing json files, as it keeps the spacing during copy and paste.

Now, here is how I did it in a bit more detail:

- Create custom championchip (cc) with the amount of AI you later want in your final file.

- If you want multiclass, then try to get the exact number of cars per class. In my case I wanted 27 AI cars (16 GT3 cars and 11 GT4 cars). I'm not sure it is important to get the exact number right from the start, but I did it anyways. You can check if the amount per class is correct after you've created your cc, went to the first practice and quit the session. If it's incorrect, create a new one and change the sliders. It may take a few times to get the numbers right.

- After you've created the first cc with the right amount of cars, backup that json and save it under a different name or different folder. It is the file that you are going to fill up with your desired AI cars.

- Now you start creating new CC's, with all the desired AI-car that you want, but each time as a player car. The details of these CC doesn't matter. You're just creating them the to get the text lines for specific cars so that you can copy, paste and replace it in your final cc.json as described in the posts above.

Important:
Always switch the 1 to 0 in the line "playerID": "1".
Make sure that no cars use the same number (numberplate)

I worked for me right away. It's just a bit of tedious work, depending on how many specific AI-cars you want. Of course, you don't have to go through the process of creating new CC's if you are using custom cars for AI. You already have those lines in the file that you downloaded.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%