How to change AI behaviour in ACC?

Sorry to ask what is probably a simple question but I can't for the life of me work out how to change the AI settings in ACC. I see folk talk about changing the AI ablity and AI agression but I've no idea where to find the settings to change them.

Depends on what mode of gameplay you choose.

Single Player:
Practice/Hotlap/Hotstint, Superpole doesn't have any AI opponents, so you will not be able to change them.
In a Quick Race, Sprint Race, Endurance Race and Custom Race, you can change the settings when selecting the Game Mode. The settings really are in plain sight. You can change the ability to any value between 80 and 100. Personally I don't recommend going below 90 on any of the settings even if you are a 'beginner'.

Championship:
You are able to fully customize your AI opponents in the starting 'Preliminary Settings' screen before you actually launch your new championship, really you can't miss it.

Career:
I've never played this mode so I can't help you there.

I hope this wasn't a troll questio but really unless you've been playing the wrong game mode, it is very hard to miss the option for tweaking AI.

Kind regard

Thank you. Completely not a troll post.

In all honesty, I've only played MP and Career and the odd hotlap. I'll check out the settings in Championship.

I understand Career chooses for you after the initial drives in the black Lambo. Although I've seen online you can change a particular file.

Thank you. Completely not a troll post.

In all honesty, I've only played MP and Career and the odd hotlap. I'll check out the settings in Championship.

I understand Career chooses for you after the initial drives in the black Lambo. Although I've seen online you can change a particular file.
My appologies if my awnser is somewhat presumptious! Of course in MP and career mode there is no setup screen so yeah you wouldn't have encountered it.
Go to following folder:

Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\saveSettings.json

JSON Is a file that you can edit using a notepad editor like notepad++

in this file there should be a line that should say skillMultiplier and in there you can eddit the value to anything between 80 and 100 again. Same for the agression SUPPOSEDLY. I've edited JSON files before in ACC and to some extent this works, though I must state I haven't tried this myself for this particular case.

So proceed with caution (and keep a backup of this file perhaps).

Kind regards

PS: you should be fine in the other game modes. In my opinion championship mode and custom race mode are probably better than what you get out of career mode.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 16 22.5%