Skins How grey are your whites...

Really struggling with this and can't believe this is normal. Makes me think i'm missing a layer or something in my template for shadowing. The whites on my skins are just retina burning bright. In trying to tone them down, but I can't believe how grey I have to make all of the whites. I checked the rbg codes on a lot of other skins to see what they are using and a big majority of them seem to be using 252,247,247. When I try that, my skins look so much whiter than others. I think I am currently trying 235, 230, 230 but it's such a grey color that I can't believe it renders white in the game.

So i'll ask, is there a consensus among the expert skinners here on a good rgb code to use for whites on a car skin?

Really anything over 80% brightness reads as white to me (so, 200 or more). It depends on your PP filter though; the built in and most high contrast addon ones all blow out whites a ton.

I wouldn't advise going above 240 at all for things like paint just on principle but 230 sounds reasonable.

I never thought about it being a ppfilter issue. I will have to load up a car ingame and switch between filters and see what happens. Thanks for the advice on the filter and number ranges to try.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back