How do you paint cars in AC?

I picked up the ASR Griiip G1, but it has only 3 basic different paint jobs. Are there ant other paint schemes available? If not how difficult is it to put together some very basic paint schemes?
I do have Photoshop but its only version 6.

What plugins do you have to have for Photoshop? Something to do with Textures.I think it was like 4 different plugins ?
I used to do a few cars for RF2 but that was probably 8 or 10 years ago.
I just thought it would be cool to race other AI cars other than the ones included which basically is 3 different schemes.
ASR does have a template in PSD format.

What plugins do you have to have for Photoshop? Something to do with Textures.I think it was like 4 different plugins ?
I used to do a few cars for RF2 but that was probably 8 or 10 years ago.
I just thought it would be cool to race other AI cars other than the ones included which basically is 3 different schemes.
ASR does have a template in PSD format.

You'll need a .DDS plugin, either the one from Nvidia or the Intel one. Nvidia one doesn't work with Photohop CC 2019 so I recently switched to the Intel one and it saves files much faster. That's pretty much it.

For the PSD, you should be able to recolour (or add a new) a base colour layer in the PSD file. Then just save it out as a .DDS file. Just make sure the file is named correctly (have a look at the other skins with the car to see what to name the file) and place it in a new skin folder.

no prob with nvidia for me (64)
but I give a try for the intel one thanks for the tip

Are you running CC2019? That's when it stopped working for me; installed correctly and it's completely absent from within PS now. But I'm not fussed, I like the Intel plugin better now as it saves much quicker. Unfortunately it doesn't automatically save as copy, so you have to pay attention to make sure you don't wind up making changes and only saving to .DDS, losing your layered file updates.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.