How do you 'drive' these cars?

Zzyzx

Warren Williams
I first tried GTR2 earlier this year and I think it's a great sim but I was wondering what gear shifting method do you use? As far as I can make out every car in GTR2 uses a sequential stick and would have been manual blip in real life.

The last time I tried I was heel-toeing in the normal way - right foot brake and blipping with right heel. However I'm also aware you can left foot brake and tap the throttle with your right foot. Whether that was done in real life I don't know.

I tried to find some pedal cam footage for this era just of GT racing but it seems pretty thin on the ground. Does anyone know the correct way? I assume most people are just paddle shifting and using the auto-blip.

:cool:

There's a thread about your question at NG... and the answer is not so simple.

As a link to another site is not allowed at RD,
Google this: Looking for General Information Regarding the Sequential Transmission of GT
The 1st link given in Google will surely be the good one

Personally, I just have a G27 H-shifter... so for GTR2, if a car uses ( mod mostly ) H-Shifter ...I always use this one and apply heel-toe for downshift
For GT1 cars ( and of course all more modern cars ) ..I always use the paddles as sequential shifting is not possible with the G27 shifter.
For use of the H-shifter in GTR2, I already read a few times that even though you use the clutch ... it's better to keep the automatic clutch in the options ( I don't remember the reason, but there is one ).

Last edited:
Thanks for answering. :D

Like you said, it doesn't seem so simple. It looks like a common way is to flat upshift, then heel-toe (right foot brake with clutch) on the downshift.

I'm fairly certain I was lifting on the upshift the last time in GTR2.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.3%