How can I edit rearview mirrors?

Is there a way of editing the rearview mirrors in nose cam? I'm not talking about the car rearview mirrors, but the ones that can be toggled on/off in nose cam.

One of the mods I'm trialling out does not have these mirrors configured correctly. The mirrors are zoomed in and the aspect ratio is stretched.

The virtual mirrors come from the physical mirrors and thus you have to remap the physical mirrors. It is possible to remap them using 3DSimEd to pull the mappings out of the game, Blender to remap them, and then 3DSimEd to put them back in the game.

The stretching is the result of someone misunderstanding how the mapping works and just trying to make the physical mirrors look correct after converting the car from another game with 3DSimEd by stretching the mapping to fit the physical mirrors. Unfortunately, that breaks the relationship between physical mirrors and virtual mirrors so you get ugly stretching on the virtual mirrors.

Edit: If you don't care about the physical mirrors, you could just use 3DSimEd to unstretch the virtual mirrors.

Last edited:
Thanks. Is there a walk through or tutorial on how to use 3DSimEd to pull the mappings out of the game and use Blender to remap them?

I have my head around the scaling, so I can either set the correct view in physical mirrors or virtual mirrors, but it would be to correct for both if possible.

Mapping a texture in Blender is, well, an essential part of Blender. Lots of Youtube tutorials on the subject. From the rFactor perspective, you need to isolate the physical mirror surfaces in 3DSimEd, export the mesh to something that Blender understands, and map mirror.bmp onto it. Then reimport the Blender mesh into 3DSimEd and save as an rFactor object.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back