Horner: 'I Don't Care'

I wouldn't care if I wasn't popular.

But I would care if everyone thought I had iddy biddy teenny tiny balls. Which is what people think about Horner.

The guy has been in the team management business since the age of 25 and brought Arden from a marginal team to a series winning equipe within a few years in a very competitive championship.

And he didnt do bad in F1 either :)

If they needed just a face they would surely go for another person.

I've read up on him. Failed racing driver was successful as a lower formulae team boss. But if Horner was the guy that really run that team, then Marko wouldn't be there. No two ways about it, if he had ANY say in what went on in that team, Helmut Marko would simply not have a place.

Dieter is the boss, Helmut is his right hand man, Newey is the worker and Horner is the face.

Of course the RedBull owner is calling the shots but being a teamboss is more than doing contracts, sponsorships and finances.

Somebody is managing the team, workers, drivers, factory and planning and I am sure he has a significant role in that just like all the other persons you've mentioned have their part in the success of the team.

Totally agree with Bram. Seems to be alot of negativity around Red-Bull Racings last 3 Championships. R.B.R. Best mix of Car/driver/Team Boss/Designer/Pit Crew/Engineer/Factory Employees

Red Bull has done a great job. Shame I could never support them, as they care about F1 about as much as Freddie Mercury cared about Women.

When Dieter pulls the plug, and he will no doubt, Vettel will get another job, Marko will follow Vettel. Newey will get another job easy, the engineers and pit crews will be valuable to someone........ But Horner won't get another job. Not unless he starts his own team.

I am not a big RBR fan either but still I can appreciate skill and quality of an individual. Same goes for Vettel really. Cannot stand his little finger trick and his general behaviour during race weekends but he is no doubt an excellent racer.

Would be a shame if RedBull would leave F1 though as the sport needs such premium brand sponsorships for sure. Actually I would love to see more quality softdrink brands in the sports. (hello Coca-Cola Ferrari :D)

I cant profess to be unbiased in this discussion as I am a Webber fan.
However I struggle to respect Horner as a man due to his clear fear of upsetting the Marko/Vettel side of the organisation (which I suppose is the top rather than the side really).

I started to lose respect for him when after Vettel crashed out in Turkey nearly taking Webber out with him he made a silly point about Seb having a "slightly better fuel margin". Webber was ahead on the track and Vettel nearly took him out with a move that showed his belief that he is the annointed one.
Vettels radio comments "he is too slow get him out of the way" in Sepang were disgraceful.
But why do I remark about Vettel in a discussion re Horner?
Horner has allowed this one-sided political play to evolve in "his team". After all if he is manager it is his job to deal with his staff.

What would Ron Dennis or Colin Chapman have done if his orders were totally disobeyed?
Marko is the paymaster of RedBull and Toro Rosso. Cross him and you are alone. Webber has had the courage to speak the truth, lets see where it gets him and we will know what RedBull is all about.
Is it a cutting edge, out there, risk taking brand or has it evolved into a moribund, myopic, political and fearful brand?
I'm ramblng but can we be asked to respect Horner when his own drivers don't.

In the picture in the article, Horner looks like he is a schoolboy with an attitude like 'I don't Care' while Whitmarsh is laughing at the situation :D

Red Bull has done a great job. Shame I could never support them, as they care about F1 about as much as Freddie Mercury cared about Women.

When Dieter pulls the plug, and he will no doubt, Vettel will get another job, Marko will follow Vettel. Newey will get another job easy, the engineers and pit crews will be valuable to someone........ But Horner won't get another job. Not unless he starts his own team.
I have to say, I agree with all of your comments Chris. I see Horner as a weak, worm like individual. He is "A" face of Redbull. We all know that Newey is the genius behind their success. He left Williams and then McLaren because he wanted more say, he wanted more freedom to influence and control the direction of the team. Horner is a puppet, nothing more.

worm like individual? Lol..talk about bitter!

Horner made a very good point the other day:

said:
when you have success the quickest way to become unpopular is to have sustained success.

and some of the comments on here prove his point rather beautifully.

I wouldn't care if I wasn't popular.

But I would care if everyone thought I had iddy biddy teenny tiny balls. Which is what people think about Horner.
+1
well said. also a lack of backbone.

and hardly is Webbers tweet a "rant" is just a simple statement of people tweaking old stuff to fill in the empty space of F1.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.9%