Horner exonerated

Pete Conway

Premium
Great news today...
"an investigation, outsourced to an external KC, which was “fair, rigorous and impartial” and a “grievance” which has now been dismissed."
Hopefully, Woolfe and Brown will apologise for trying to oust him and destabilise Red Bull without knowing jack sh*t about the grievance.

I am not shore what went on. He cheated on his wife Jerry Hallawell (Singer in Spice Girls ) I don't think it is a big deal. Married people cheat on wives all the time. Has nothing to do with F1. Just Ford are going to provide the engine for car. And as a company they don't like infidelity. Sounds like the folk at ford are religious people that don't like that behavior. It is not like he broke the law or went to Jail.

Totally agree with this. I don't really like Horner that much but if this is just about him having an affair, I care zero. I didn't realize Ford were religious zealots though. Not cool. On the other hand, it does keep F1 in the news.

if this is just about him having an affair, I care zero
I think most people would agree with that.

I don't think it's about an affair/infidelity at all. I think it's about an allegation that someone in a position of seniority in a company put pressure on someone more junior to engage in... something.

Maybe there was an affair, maybe not. Maybe the leaked content is all lies, maybe it's all true, maybe some of is true and other parts are fake; maybe it's all true but yet heavily filtered to paint a very distorted picture. The picture it paints right now (whether true or false) is very clearly of a boss who put sustained pressure on an underling, despite requests to stop. If this were all true then in a world like F1, where appearances matter so much, it would be surprising that he hasn't parted company with RB already. This might simply mean that the material was fake or distorted of course.

Totally agree with this. I don't really like Horner that much but if this is just about him having an affair, I care zero. I didn't realize Ford were religious zealots though. Not cool. On the other hand, it does keep F1 in the news.
It's all 'internet' speculation and that is 99% fake/rubbish, intriguingly though someone has access to 159 pit personnel (Edit : phone numbers) and posted alleged texts, someone close enough to Horner or the claimant, and remains anonymous... is it more lies? is it coercion from another team, because Brown and Woolf are ones to benefit there, Jos Verstappen is trying to get Horner sacked and he doesn't even have a standing in the team, he will however not be at the next GP.

Or is it all just more internet junk to get folks talking about F1 because they feel the racing isn't doing it?

Last edited:
intriguingly though someone has access to 159 pit personnel (Edit : phone numbers) and posted alleged texts,
It's apparently the accredited media list (I assume the media that has accr. for the whole season) + FIA people + Teambosses + Jos Verstappen.

I must admit, the fact that Verstappen is added, seemingly on random is weird. It can just as much be Verstappen himself trying to throw off people by adding himself, not realizing that it looks weird. Verstappen Sr isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, faster tractor on the field, or whatever the English version of that saying is!

I am not shore what went on. He cheated on his wife Jerry Hallawell (Singer in Spice Girls ) I don't think it is a big deal. Married people cheat on wives all the time. Has nothing to do with F1. Just Ford are going to provide the engine for car. And as a company they don't like infidelity. Sounds like the folk at ford are religious people that don't like that behavior. It is not like he broke the law or went to Jail.

I think most people would agree with that.

I don't think it's about an affair/infidelity at all. I think it's about an allegation that someone in a position of seniority in a company put pressure on someone more junior to engage in... something.

Maybe there was an affair, maybe not. Maybe the leaked content is all lies, maybe it's all true, maybe some of is true and other parts are fake; maybe it's all true but yet heavily filtered to paint a very distorted picture. The picture it paints right now (whether true or false) is very clearly of a boss who put sustained pressure on an underling, despite requests to stop. If this were all true then in a world like F1, where appearances matter so much, it would be surprising that he hasn't parted company with RB already. This might simply mean that the material was fake or distorted of course.
Good points! I hadn't read any deeper than headlines about it to be honest but yes, if he has indeed sent unsolicited images and abused his position as you say, that's another ball game. Would have to assume RB like most companies would have a clause to prevent a senior manager engaging in a relationship with one of his/her team. Let's hope its resolved soon and we can get back to racing.

Unfortunately, money seems to be the controlling factor in almost every aspect of F1.

So, it could all be true but is being covered up because profits are more important.

It could all be lies but gossip is being manufactured because the racing is boring and profits are more important.

Well, according to Sky, the woman who made the 'inappropriate conduct' allegations against Horner has been suspended by Red Bull GmbH... so what now I wonder.

Just how deep does this go?

Was she suspended for leaking the emails, rather than making the allegations?
Who Knows? but she's apparently suspended on full pay so someone feels that the company should be seen to be fair.
Was it all a misunderstanding? after all Horner once said Checo is the sort that needs an arm around the shoulder rather than a kick in the pants, what if Checo suddenly found being hugged offensive... wow, did one of the parties misread the other?

Well, a BBC article says "BBC Sport has learned the reason given by Red Bull to the employee was that she had been dishonest."
This would be consistent with the outcome of the investigation of course, and to be fair to CH it's entirely understandable for an investigation report of this nature to remain confidential.

Report from the Independent (Newspaper)
"It emerged on Thursday that the accuser has been suspended, on full pay, with the decision said to be taken as a result of the findings of the internal probe. A Red Bull spokesperson stated: “The company cannot comment on this internal matter”. "

CHRISTIAN Horner has agreed to a 'public ceasefire' within his troubled Red Bull Racing team after emergency crunch talks, reports suggest.
Pretty weird to call it a ceasefire when only one side appeared to be firing any shots. Horner was the only one ducking the bullets, no?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back