rFactor Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
386026rFactorHistoricXflyer.jpg

Please Note this is for rFactor 1

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM HistorX
Ip 5.198.127.19:34297
Class /Cars: Lotus Elite '61 Vs Fiat Abarth 1000TC '65
Track: Watkins glen Nascar layout ( Download )

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (13 laps)

Note 1: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 2: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Lotus / Race2 = Abarth Even number vice versa.
Note 2: 10 minute Superpole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an inlap )
but please use escape on the 3rd lap do not drive it

Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe wilson - lotus / Abarth
  2. Yves Larose - Abarth/ lotus
  3. Matej Lakota - Lotus / Abarth
  4. Jarek Kostowski - Abarth/ lotus
  5. Andrew Jarnell - Lotus / Abarth
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth/ lotus
  7. Tristan Clark - Lotus / Abarth
  8. Hans Sneep - Abarth/ lotus
  9. Steven Walker - Lotus / Abarth
  10. Mike Bishop - Abarth/ lotus
  11. Allan Ramsbottom - Lotus / Abarth
  12. Mick Martin - Abarth/ lotus
  13. Jacob Boonstra - Lotus / Abarth
  14. Krzysztof Babi - Abarth/ lotus
  15. Tim Ling - Lotus / Abarth
  16. Stig Bidstrup - Abarth/ lotus
  17. Roland Warmenhoven - Abarth/ lotus
  18. Hiroshi Awazu - Abarth/ lotus
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

For info on HistorX 1.96 click me

Last edited:
Guys who ive not put on the list due to maybes etc please confirm again on Sunday if you are racing.
lets just keep this section for signing up and discussing the club race stuff, im already getting lost in all the stuff looking for who is signing up..

there are no
special places when you sign up you go on the list and you drive that car that is on the list for that race
odds and even sign up get a different car for each race.. you drive each car once.
single race entries go at the bottom of the signups.

We have this page set up to discuss the mod and ask questions Click me

With all due respect, could we please keep laptimes out of the forums. Some of us are not aliens, and the speed you guys have can be off putting to some.:cry:

Thank you:thumbsup:

You're not wrong Tim, it's already putting me off.
Admittedly I'm struggling to get a descent FFB feel with this mod, but after trying a quick test session with the Elite, there is nothing like finding yourself 3 secs off the pace :rolleyes: . No way in hell I could find that with a setup session, and I'm not going to start having to practice for hours on end just to be remotely near the guys who are practicing endlessly for club events.
And this is a track I'm quite familiar with. :redface:

I also have a feeling, this mod is completely different compared to GTL (not worse or better, but different) and I am not sure jet, do I like it or not :unsure:. I must give it some more time, but one thing really disturbs (I hope, that is the right word) me. Here I can downshift like I have autocluch on, without a blip or heel/toe, compared to GTL cars, where that is almost mission impossible.
But, I have to drive more cars on longer period to be sure about my theory :thumbsup:.

You're not wrong Tim, it's already putting me off.
Admittedly I'm struggling to get a descent FFB feel with this mod, but after trying a quick test session with the Elite, there is nothing like finding yourself 3 secs off the pace :rolleyes: . No way in hell I could find that with a setup session, and I'm not going to start having to practice for hours on end just to be remotely near the guys who are practicing endlessly for club events.
And this is a track I'm quite familiar with. :redface:
I will not race, it is not my cup of tea. I am not familiar with rFactor and have huge problems to have FFB working. Have a nice race, I will focus on GTL :)

Physics, sounds and FFB are the strong points of this mod, did you replace the FFB text in the controller.ini, as stated in the manual? If you did that and didn't change anything in the "upgrades" tab of the car it should be pretty good, realfeel is installed with this mod by default.
Or maybe it's just a matter of preference, to be honest i don't remember how good or bad the GTL FFB was.

did you replace the FFB text in the controller.ini, as stated in the manual? If you did that and didn't change anything in the "upgrades" tab of the car it should be pretty good, realfeel is installed with this mod by default.

Yep, I followed everything exactly as stated in the setup guide / manual.
However, the end result for me is that there seems to be lots of lag between a steering input and the car responding. I have to make steering adjustments (ie. turn the wheel) well before I need to turn, or it just understeers hugely. Also, I seem to have what feels like lots of deadzone in the centre positioning of the wheel. eg. when driving down a straight I can wobble the wheel about 20 deg left or right without any steering impact on the car, and also doing this I have zero FFB until I turn the wheel about 30 deg or more.
I know GTL is different and maybe I have to learn to drive with this in HistorX, but I'm having trouble convincing myself that this "feels real". My own real car doesn't steer like this.

All I can think of now is to start trying to set up my own FFB settings and try to reproduce what GTL feels like.
BTW, I'm using a G27. :unsure:

Oh well, must be a case of different strokes for different folks then, because what you describe as faults, i see as features :D.

In my opinion GTL never felt right so i wouldn't want to reproduce what it feels like and since i love vintage cars HistorX is a dream come true. Narrow tires designed 50 years ago, soft suspension, i'd be disappointed if the steering was sharp. Having said that, i have zero track and not much road experience in the cars featured, but the first thing i noticed when watching motorsport vids of that era were the huge steering inputs.
And if you think that is a lot of deadzone, you should take a ride in a '70's Fiat 125p :).
Jokes aside i do get a bit of FFB deadzone on many sims with my G27, doesn't bother me that much though.
Good thing there's at least three different quality sets of physics, sounds and FFB with those models (HistorX, P&G, GTL), so i guess every one of us should be able to find the youngtimer sim he enjoys.

For me it's this one.

For the guys feeling down about laptimes, well... First step in improving is to accept where you are at currently. Also, these old cars often show a lot of disparity between Pros and Average drivers, since every inputs are exagerrated compared to modern cars that drive on rails.

As for my participation, well, haven't received my load cells yet, but even so, I'll probably be gone to Circuit ICAR for some snowcross fun with my MX-5 :)

So... Have fun guys ! I'll really try to be there next time :)

im Sorry for the bad new @Krzysztof Babij but as they say its hard to please all the people all of the time.
Whilst i can appreciate all drivers reasons for not racing on a regular basis, life out side of RACEDEPARTMENT.COM does exist i know. We have gone with the majority of drivers in the club who were racing all last year and this year.

I did make repeated request to all drivers past and present to use the club or we will look at the next step to bring life back into it.

This is the next step and i think its going to be great sorry you don't share the same feeling mate.
this mod will eventually come out for rFactor 2 also historX 2.0 so this was the natural stepping stone.
maybe if were lucky SimBin will make a new version of GTL one day to run in R3E
AC might get some great Retro content also...

so for us its the start of a new beginning..

Please also remember Yves and Jarek have been some of the main testers for us, being in nearly every session with different cars and tracks.
And as we have seen over the weeks we have got very close to there times in some of the cars.
and again i will say its about the driving not were you finish. all you regular drivers have seen in the league and club races were we use the track more than once how lap times come down over the month
so lets no panic to much about the times of what A&B are doing as we all have seen some of the fastest guys still end up at the back...
It was a minor slip up by mentioning the lap times in testing, there not gloating or trying to belittle anybody just trying to help with what they have found.
different cars suit different drivers, there are no Pro's or Average drivers in our club they are only a group of guys who love to race..:)
and from what ive experienced over the last few years, we do a great job at it.
having a great time with mates racing on the servers and chatting on t/speak..

this is club racing at RD at its best.:thumbsup:

Thanks Rupe, you've wrote pretty much excatly what i thought but didn't want to expand the discussion. It was all in good spirit to contribute to a better race, but i understand mentioning times might put some people off.
In my opinion it's the wrong way to think though, of course it would be nice to drive upfront every race without much effort but that will be hardly possible in a competitive environment.
Everyone of us will have a sim or car he's good in but there's always gonna be someone faster, in some sim-cars i'm barely middlefield but have great fun fighting for positions, in many others i'm totally rubbish. I try to see that as motivation to improve, not racing on RD for an awful long time yet, but already i've been pushed by the fast guys to better laps quite a few times (Davy comes to mind, Guus not so much, he just disappears on the horizon :D). It might be nice for the ego to be able to drive away of the whole field, but it definitely isn't more fun than fighting little wars mid-pack. And fun is why we do this (i'm taking the freedom to speak for us all in the last sentence:)).

Since i spend money on simracing stuff, for now have no kids to look after and this is my favourite hobby, i'm gonna try to spend as much time on track as i can and want, no matter if club race or not ;). The more challenge while doing so, the merrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back