HistorX Mod Version 1.96 & DL link

As a avid GTL club racer im always on the look out for the next GTL, and after a good few days testing with fellow club drivers im very impressed with this mod,
I feel it may be a successor to GTL for a club racing, the ffb is very good with the real feel plugin, superb sounds from the cars plenty of well made liveries and a great selection of cars to choose from.

Who is driving this mod would any be interested in using this mod for club racing, with the added bonus
of other content from Rfactor to be used once in a while for fun nights, If we get enough interest i will consider running a few test nights to see how it all comes together as a package.

HistorX mod Click me
to install you will need to follow the instruction but it nice and simple,

As HistorX has a torrent file to download it from, I've uploaded it to my mega account also
here is a link to historX

Part 1
Click Me
Part 2
Click Me
Readme and instructions (please read them before and after installing
Click Me updated 23/03/2017

if you have any problems please use this thread to ask for help
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-mod-version-1-96.80620/

hint and tips for the mod
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/historx-hints-and-tips.83442/

Last edited:
I hope, I expressed well.
The guys who drive with GTM (grinding tranny mod :)) are just selected with the same car. So everything stays the same, only I will not drive same car model with somebody who shifts with paddle shifter and automatic cluch, but with others, who also use GTM. And we are stiil all together on same track, with two different cars. But that˙s just a loud thought, because I am really exited with this "new" feature :thumbsup:.
If somebody wants to cheat us because some reason, let him do it, my expirience with real GTM users will be the same anyway.

And you are right about iRacing, I completely forgot about it :).

What a start for the new Historic community, only the second event and already suggestions of labelling people "cheats" :( .
What about the guys who don't have a H Shifter?
What about variations in the available shifters, eg. I have a SimGear shifter which I suspect allows slightly quicker shifting than say a G27 shifter (although it's easier to miss gears with it)?

"I will not drive same car model with somebody who shifts with paddle shifter and automatic cluch"

This doesn't feel like the old GTL Community to me now. :cautious:

Warren, I hope, that is not some sort of answer to my post(s), because I never mentioned any cheats in that sort of matter, just two options of driving same mod with different cars on the same track.

If my thoughts and especialy expression is not understandable to native English speaking members, I am deeply sorry for that and please to forget what I wrote this morning :(.

Last edited:
If somebody wants to cheat us because some reason, let him do it, my expirience with real GTM users will be the same anyway.

Well Matej, this quote certainly grabbed my attention. Not sure how else to understand it, but ok, I'll accept there may be some language translation clouding things.

Rupe has already clarified the official position on this issue, so we shouldn't be trying to put pressure on those who may not be able to use the GTM option (or may not feel up to that standard yet).
Our history is clear that not all of us are equal in speed and skill, but we try to encourage all drivers to be as competitive as they can, even to the point where the fast guys often start last to give others a slightly better chance. We often have two cars in a race and sometimes one ends up more competitive than the other, but again, it helps to equalise things a bit.
I would not like to see us trying to segregate drivers into first and second class, based on which mod options we use. If it is causing significant advantages / disadvantages, then I'd leave it to the Staff guys to decide.

Anyway, let's put this down to language understanding then. ;)

I would not like to see us trying to segregate drivers into first and second class, based on which mod options we use. If it is causing significant advantages / disadvantages, then I'd leave it to the Staff guys to decide.
Again, I am really sorry if my posts look like I want this, because that was not my intention. Just an idea crossed my mind and I expressed it here, if it is not acceptable ... who cares, lets race :thumbsup:.

So, I hope that is history now and cya on track :).

I just gave it another try, this time downshifting at much lower rpm, because no matter what i do i still can't hit the throttle deep enough to heel & toe reliably.
But as much as i wait for the rpm's to come down, i'm still getting misshifts almost every corner without hitting the throttle.
So for now it's neutral unmapped for me, or i will be a serious road block and threat to safety on track.
Obviously, this is purely due to the nature of my setup and lack of racing shoes (*cough*skills) :redface:.

Maybe i'll come up with something to make it easier when i will be modding wheel & pedals in the next few days.

I have G27 also and I put pedals a bit in position ... well, not straight ... I can´t say other way ... so like "\", where throttle pedal is little closer to me than break pedal. I that case, I can hit throttle deep enough.

Even if you don't blip, normally just using the clutch works.

That's exactly what i tried just now (for half an hour), doesn't work for me, misshifts all over the place.

I have G27 also and I put pedals a bit in position ... well, not straight ... I can´t say other way ... so like "\", where throttle pedal is little closer to me than break pedal. I that case, I can hit throttle deep enough.

Yep, will be trying different pedal pad positions after i hook up the G27 pedals, right now i'm still on the non-adjustable G25 pedals because i stiffened the brake on those.

Have you also tried, when you buy the car to use it you have the upgrades. There are 3 different shifter styles you can use,
This is what i was playing with to help when using the full grinding tranny mod.

Yes, thanks, i know about this but using the autoblip option is pretty much the same as driving with neutral unmapped in my opinion.
Both styles are workarounds for lack of heel & toe skills:D.

I have just installed this mod according to the instructions and all Went well. The problem came up when I should start the game. It will not start. I come to the first picture and then nothing. Tried to start as administrator but with the same result. Can I have some ideas please to check what might be wrong.
Is it depending on DX? AS I am not so very used to computers inside but I know that much that in the game I have dx9. Shall I have a higher dx? if so, where do I get that?
Please help me out with this guys so I can join you in some races.
Thanks in advance to the one/ones who would like to accept this challenge to help me.

@Sven-Arne Andersson
Is your config.ini pointing to the right place where you got your rFactor tracks installed?

I use the tracks of my main rFactor installation so it looks like this:
TracksDir=D:\GAMES\RFACTOR\GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\

I had a mistake in there once and if i remember correctly it wouldn't start or crashed to desktop then.

DX9 shouldn't be the problem i reckon most of us run HGTTC in DX9.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea