HistoriX Mod

I just recieved my copy of GTL, and was eager to try it out. I thought the cars felt a bit dodgy, i know its an old game and all.

Then i stumbled over the HistoriX mod, and was sold right away.

Would it be possible to try and run a event or 2 in the future?

lmao. :biggrin:

I seem to be missing the point as well.

I reinstalled GTL and tried those force feedback settings. Big no no. HistorX still feels so much better in every way. GTL uninstalled again.

Me thinks the GTL'ers haven't set up HistorX properly.:tongue:

That is very possible:D Can you point me in the direction of a good setup for a G25?

EDIT: And maybe one for the Caterhams as well?

no i dont see your point.... Really.

I suspect Pitor is saying that he had the same experience as you, but in reverse.

You were expecting great things from GTL, but felt let down once you got it. He obviously expected big things from Historix, but he felt let down.

So it's a two way street.

I not sure I entirely agree with (or am particularly thrilled by) the suggestion of GTLers setup incompetence of Historix if we still prefer GTL, like it's a discrete progression.

Anyway, I'll run a Historix event next Friday in place of the Caterham Club event - what sort of thing would you like?

I not sure I entirely agree with (or am particularly thrilled by) the suggestion of GTLers setup incompetence of Historix if we still prefer GTL, like it's a discrete progression.

Relax, I'm only being my opinionated self. No ones calling anyone incompetent. We all like different things, it nothing to be ashamed of if you like an inferior driving experience :biggrin: (yes, I'm joking! ) Just so you understand where I'm coming from... I cant stand ANYTHING Simbin have made, so I'm biased. I think their physics are generally awful, and their FFB, whatever you do with it, is just as bad. That goes for every title they have ever released. Simbin make mass market semi-sims in my opinion. You GTL guys obviously disagree and that's fine :) None of us are wrong, we just have different opinions. Some of us just voice them a bit louder than others :tongue:

Anyway, I'll run a Historix event next Friday in place of the Caterham Club event - what sort of thing would you like?

Don't you go messing with the Cat's schedule!!! We can have our HistorX fix elsewhere. (Anders, try (mod edit - PM the link ta) if your free on Sunday evenings)

No, we'll try Historix next Friday, just to gauge RD interest.

It might not become regular but it's only fair to try it.

So, as we ARE going to run Historix next Friday, has anyone got any suggestions for events that they particularly want to try?

I know the best matchups in GTL, but I also know that they don't necessarily translate directly to Historix, so who fancies what?

We will use a GP79 track for the event, probably Zandvoort, so bear that in mind with your vehicle suggestions.

again i must strees that the point in no way was my intention to try and make all the GTL'ers turn to History X, my point of view on it is, hey GTL have epic cars & tracks, but again the game is getting old, then i found History X which in my world would bring the best from GTL along with the handling etc from RF = making it better for all.

im not stamping in the ground to get my will, i just tried to share a thought i had.... anyway im looking very foreward to a test Friday and im sure others will too, But as Bram said its not gonna be on expense of the good GTL community which Stu have a big part of beeing a sucess.

regardin gsuggestions for friday i would say run it like an GTL event or class wise like Ryan's monday mayhem :cool:

... hey GTL have epic cars & tracks, but again the game is getting old, ....

RFactor is older than GTL :)

And IMO it looks it too, lacking GTLs graphical polish such as proper sun effects, exhaust smoke, animated driver, crewchief, marshals and spectators. I also prefer GTLs warmer lighting to Rfactors blue hues.

But as an earlier poster said - we are all different and looking for different things. Its good that the Historix mod offers something different rather than being a straight conversion. Generalising, it hasn't appealed to GTL fans like myself but is popular with those who don't like GTL such as Stuart Whitehead.

Though the general FFB with real feel is great with this mod i need to adjust something to prevent that my G25 is waking up the whole neighborhood when driving over bumps and curbs.

What setting do i need to change to keep the same steeringforce but lower the impact of bumps and curbs?

Thanks, running this on low makes it already a little better. Which FFB upgrades would you recommend for HistoriX? And how do i uninstall the real feel plugin? (dont want it with the endurance series connection problems)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.