Historical section

Lupo grigio

Premium
I would like to see in Assetto Corsa 2 a section dedicated to historic cars, from birth to the 1960s with cars, tracks and even historic routes such as Targa Florio or Mille Miglia on roads, with the regulations of the time applied.
Thanks to the modders there are many spectacular cars and tracks, but bringing them all together in a special section would be wonderful and I think there would be many racers interested in these re-enactments.

Why not just have 2 sims modern and historical.
Same engine / core, sell 2 copies to everyone.
You just know they will buy them.

Oh oh oh ....sell a 3rd sim for 3rd party. :x3:

Last edited:
Why not just have 2 sims modern and historical.
Same engine / core, sell 2 copies to everyone.
You just know they will buy them.

Oh oh oh ....sell a 3rd sim for 3rd party. :x3:
That could be a good idea, though you might have to allow the crossover for those that wish to run Historics on modernised tracks, like the Masters series for example, that way we could race against current (historic) drivers as opposed to the Jim Clark's/Norm Beechy's of old.

However I'd also like a complete radio silence in historics too, minimal kit too, consisting of Wheel, 3 pedals and a gearstick and an occasional pit board... ON THE PITWALL!
I don't ask for much, just the unlikely

That could be a good idea, though you might have to allow the crossover for those that wish to run Historics on modernised tracks, like the Masters series for example, that way we could race against current (historic) drivers as opposed to the Jim Clark's/Norm Beechy's of old.

However I'd also like a complete radio silence in historics too, minimal kit too, consisting of Wheel, 3 pedals and a gearstick and an occasional pit board... ON THE PITWALL!
I don't ask for much, just the unlikely

I have always thought it would be a good way of refining UI and settings.
Historic sim needs far less buttons and features.
Sure you can just ignore traction control and ABS but it's not same thing as not having it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.