rF2 Historic F3 @ Crystal Palace - Thu 22Nov18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
These old cars are the epitome of "slow in, fast out".
If one is tossing it into the corners, already drifting, you're approaching it incorrectly and will suffer because of it.
Slow in, power out. Far easier to control the inevitable slide that way.

The wheel is mainly for pointing the thing...nigh useless for actually steering it.
Navigation through mid corner to exit is all about throttle control. It's not so much gradual and progressive as it is learning just how much the car can be steered with throttle inputs. Once you get the hang of holding it in those slides with the throttle (and once you give up trying to actually steer it much with the wheel) you'll find you can be quite rough with the throttle inputs without getting too out of shape. Sometimes it can even be beneficial.

....but these things definitely aren't akin to lawn darts. If you enter the corner semi out of control with little to no ability to change course....well, next time remember...."slow in, fast out", and try again. Eventually one will see just how controllable these cars can be while cornering, even when they do appear to be on "the ragged edge". ....appearances are often deceptive in that regard.

Interesting to read the different interpretations/philosophies. For me, too much steering input leads to understeer in these cars and that scrubs the front tyres and gets them way too hot. I tried to set the car up to oversteer. That way, you can get it to rotate a bit easier, without being too aggressive with the steering.
I'm sure that there are as many driving styles as there are drivers. You need to find a style that suits you, I guess? :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 49 26.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 35 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 20 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.0%