Hi ! I really need help with CPU Issue On Game

Hi guys ! I'm sorry to post here but official Kunos Forum don't let me post on their threads !

So, I play Assetto since a long time, and never had major troubles.

My game is heavily modded, but like I said, everything was going very well, until yesterday :

I launched my game via Content Manager, like I did 1000s times, and had an black screen + crash after I launched my practivce session. I tried with another car and another track, same.
Then, tried to disable all the shaders, wasn't working better, so I tried with a full Vanilla version, and again the same problem, normal load then black screen + crash.

I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it on Steam. Didn't reinstalled Content Manager yet, so the game is absolutely full Vanilla right now.

The game is loading normally, but when I want to start a practice run or a hot lap, the game loads without crash but my CPU starts to ****in' burn and the game is at 1 fps.

I joined 2 screens to show you how it is. CPU is on 95/100% charge. I don't understand what's happening...

All my drivers are updated, the game files are clean according to Steam, so I don't know what to do.

PC Specs -

Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
GTX 2060 Super (stock)
16Gb RAM 3200
SSD 256
HDD 1T
etc etc

I play AC on 2k resolution and max graphics settings since a year or so, never had any trouble, was between 80 & 120 strong fps, and I'm kinda desesperate, I can't find a fix solution by myself !

Thank you very much for reading and hope someone will help !
Capture d’écran (1).jpg

Did you try to rename your Documents/assetto corsa folder and let the game create new documents ?
If these are the only files left of the previous install ... the problem might finally still be there !

Just launch game after renaming or saving those documents ... just setup your screen resolution and start a session ... that'll be enough to create those documents and already notice if the problem is solved.

NB: renaming or saving elsewhere those documents will allow you to keep all important files as setups, controllers settings and so on .... you'll be able afterwards to move into the new AC documents later when you're sure it's working perfectly again.

EDIT:
No new software installed ? no driver update ? ... nothing changed in your PC between the time it worked perfectly and decided not to ?

Did you try to rename your Documents/assetto corsa folder and let the game create new documents ?
If these are the only files left of the previous install ... the problem might finally still be there !

Just launch game after renaming or saving those documents ... just setup your screen resolution and start a session ... that'll be enough to create those documents and already notice if the problem is solved.

NB: renaming or saving elsewhere those documents will allow you to keep all important files as setups, controllers settings and so on .... you'll be able afterwards to move into the new AC documents later when you're sure it's working perfectly again.

EDIT:
No new software installed ? no driver update ? ... nothing changed in your PC between the time it worked perfectly and decided not to ?

JESUS !! It works !!!!

Hahaha man you can't imagine how greatful i am !!!

Thank you 1000 times buddy !

Happy it solved your problem :thumbsup: ;)

Now you can copy files from the backup into the new Documents ... especially the most important as controller files, setups and even replays you wish to keep.

But knowing there's a problem somewhere in those previous documents, try to retrieve them partially at a time .... and test if game is still working after each part of files you just copied.
That way ... you'd know which files you just copied, which ones you will need to erase in order to keep AC working normally without having to begin again from scratch.

I'm really wondering what can cause such a massive cpu load.
My first guess would bei custom shaders patch, the config is in the documents too. But you disabled it in the "general patch settings" you said?

Then it probably was either a ac app that had some issues and causing the cpu to go nuts or you edited a wrong line in the graphics config.

Would be interesting to hearing back from you what it was in the end!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%