Help needed with Imola

Hi Guys

I wonder if this has happened to anyone.

Recently upgraded my whole system I did a clean install with Assetto, Sol and Custom Shader Patch.

Have hot lapped and done some races at Imola with a bunch of different cars and ppfilters with no problems until last night.

All of a sudden it looks like this:

Assetto Imola faulty.jpg

All other tracks are fine and look good. The image is the same with all ppfilters so I know that's not the cause.

Have no idea what's causing the problem. Did a steam integrity check, no problems.

Even deleted the track and let steam re-install it and still the same.

Help would be very much appreciated!

Glad to hear it. I've been playing around with other sections of this file just to see what happens. I think i've learned a few tricks to try and tone down the texture brightness on a couple of other tracks like Laguna Seca and Zandvoort.
It's funny how you mention Laguna. Will explain a bit later.

Because I have a new system I started my Assetto from scratch, I noticed the change to Imola immediately.

If you launch (Drive) Assetto through Content manager it creates a configuration file for the track in the 'assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded' folder.

I tested Laguna first with out Content Manager and the track is generally a bit bright. Then launched it through Content manager and noticed a 'ks_laguna_seca' configuration file in the 'assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded' folder.

immediately I noticed that the track looks better. It's only Imola where the grass is affected and one needs to edit this.

Other tracks I tried launching through Content Manager looks better already.

I noticed that when you load a track for the first time with Content Manager. it generates the configuration file for that track and changes several settings, from ambient lighting, colors and much more from what I could see.

One has to get the time zone and season weather dates according to ones liking for each track.

Imola, Silverstone and Laguna Seca all look perfect now, yet the all have different season settings.

Some tracks look better in spring, some mid summer or early august. Really depends what you like.

The big thing that you will notice with a default track like Laguna Seca is the over all brightness.

If you launch it for the first time with Content manager, ambient lighting is obvious, much better, colors are better and the general look is a lot a better.

As to how content manager does this I don't know because the configuration file it created has very different settings to Imola.

All I know that content manager generates new configuration files for each track that you launch and one can edit those exactly to your liking.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies