Headphone recommendations?

Metla

Premium
Looking for a new headset, Preference is for are wired, Over-ear, Don't need them to be neutral as I really would prefer something that takes the engine tone and makes it huge. Don't need to be noise cancelling. Will be used with my VR headset.

Any recommendations?

Headset = with microphone?
If yes, I can recommend the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 wired. It's big, it's chunks, but it got that "voluminous" sound and the mic sounds great.
A few teammates have it and I could test it when visiting them too.
It's the headset I would buy.

• Deleted member 197115

Budget, open or closed back, with mic or just headphones? Have you considered earbuds or IEMs.

Budget, anything under $1000 AUD, has to be over-ear for comfort reasons, Not concerned if there is a mic or not as the audio and comfort are key. Closed back preferred but not a deal breaker.

• Deleted member 197115

Check out Meze Audio 109 Pro, they were introduced last year and were very well received in head-fi community, within your budget too.

• Deleted member 197115

What’s ear buds were u gonna recommend? Iems?
Are you are looking for true IEMs that go inside ear canal or flat heads aka earbuds that just rest in ear?
Both markets are overcrowded at the moment and pretty hard to navigate, looks like the audio industry is moving toward smaller/portable form factor.
For IEMs Dunu SA6 MK2 or original is a pretty good buy for the money.
If you can stretch to $1K, ThieAudio Monarch MK2 or MK3, for a few hundreds more ThieAudio Prestige LTD. That's pretty much all I can think of at ~$1K, the rest is either not that interesting, popular, or hyper expensive. You can also add Sony IER-Z1R to the list, has many followers if you find them comfortable enough.
For flatheads either Moondrop Chaconne 2 and Yincrow RW-3000, both are solid prime choices. RW-2000 is also good for the price.

• Deleted member 197115

One more thing, if you are looking for full size super comfortable not the top but still decent sounding, check out Sony MDR-1AM2, they are crazy feather like light, completely disappear when worn, for something to pair with VR headset and gaming is probably the best choice. Also closed which can be a plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea