Resource icon

Misc Headlight-related interior lighting fixes (various) 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
zerobandwidth submitted a new resource:

Headlight-reactive interior lighting (C7.R) - "Are my lights even on?" Now you'll know.

Do you prefer always running your car with its lights on?

Do you sometimes wonder whether your headlights are actually on during the day?

Well now you don't have to. This configuration file for Custom Shaders Patch will add directives to make the instrument panel, knobs, and buttons in the cockpit glow slightly when the headlights are on.

Currently supported:

• Corvette C7.R

More to come as I find more cars that don't light up inside when the lights turn on. :D If you...

Read more about this resource...

Where does the file go? In the root?

Thanks

For the C7.R file:
  • If you want to use it for just one livery, then put it in the same folder with your livery.
  • EDIT: What i posted here before was incorrect. If you want to install it as a global change for a given car, then merge it into the file at ${AC_HOME}/extension/config/cars/loaded/ks_corvette_c7r.ini. I will work on setting up a local view of the GitHub repository so that I can submit this as a change request to the official CSP lighting config for the car.

Last edited:
i want the head light always on, not the interior lights,
I've tried a few things to get the headlights to glow whether on or off, but it's not working properly; the normal headlights end up being disabled or incorrect. I'll keep tinkering with it and let you know if I can find a solution.
For now, just do what I do; click the headlights on at the start of each session. :D

You can add the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 to the list.
I loaded up the car and the "MAIN LIGHT" indicator on the cockpit button box does light up when the headlights are illuminated. However, I've also noticed that the blue "BEAM" indicator light on the steering wheel works in the showroom but not in an actual race. I'll see what I can do there.
20191231.porsche.911.rsr.lighting.issues.png

Last edited:
@Stones So, great news.
Not only did I get these working, but they've also just been incorporated into the official Custom Shaders Patch repository. So now if you update the cars in Content Manager, you should see all my changes. The revision shown in Content Manager is 452.
That also means that I'll probably stop maintaining this resource on RD and simply contribute to the CSP code repository directly from now on. But I'll keep the resource open just for the sake of discussion.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.