Head movement option in the CM is amazing

Seems far more advanced and realistic than the typical look to apex option. My sense of speed is dramatically enhanced while in the corners and over all driving feels much more realistic. Combine with the realistic mirror options and my driving experience in AC has been transformed. Truly amazing!

I located "Real Head Movement" in Content Manager (Settings/Integrated).
But it appears that I have to navigate to an "RHM location".
There's also an "RHM settings location" that points to a file:
C:\Users\Owner\Documents\RealHeadMotion\Settings.xml
Can you explain what I'm supposed to do at this point?
Thanks!

If you wish to use the Real Head Motion.... you need to install it.
In CM, click on the red ? near the title "Real Head Motion" ... you'll be directed to the AC Forum in the right thread.

Read, download and install. You'll need to set it up at your taste and assign buttons for some moves.

Before using a TrackIR .... that was the one I used and it's perfectly done when you'll find the good settings for you.
Different from TrackIR as left and right views are linked to the rotation of the wheel.

• Deleted member 197115

Seems far more advanced and realistic than the typical look to apex option. My sense of speed is dramatically enhanced while in the corners and over all driving feels much more realistic. Combine with the realistic mirror options and my driving experience in AC has been transformed. Truly amazing!

Is it RHM or some new stuff from x4fab?

I didn't know it was a new addon in CM. :sleep:

Isn't there a way to keep only some movements and take the roll movement off ?

Mostly that's the one giving motion sickness ..... I think that only keeping yaw and pitch might heal this bad impression you have.

It has quite a few settings
CM.JPG

New stuff, just added to Content Manager full version. It looks great but unfortunately I got motion sickness from all this just like RHM too (on monitor even)

I just drove with the Neck mod at Trento Bondone and found it very disorienting. What I've discovered is if you look where you are turning it makes everything feel exponentially more natural and less disorienting. I was still driving the old way which was looking straight ahead at turn in. Now I look whatever direction I'm turning the wheel which syncs my eyes up with the Neck movement and after about 5mins I was able to hit the apexes at Trento almost as good as before I started using the mod. Gotta retrain your eyes, atleast thats what worked for me.

This works surprisingly well, usually I turn stuff like this off in games as they are gimmicky and generally make the car harder to drive like perceiving oversteer and such.

However I advise turning G-force influences to Zero in Content Manager as it improves the experience removing lateral motion (felt like drivers head was gonna slide off to me).
Neck.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

Nice to have one integrated solution instead of ad hoc apps. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with WMR, got some really weird perspective and crazy camera movements with it enabled. Back to RHM.

• Deleted member 197115

It does not work with OpenVR, not sure about Oculus. Ilya is aware and promised to look into this.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.